Retail Report Slams Stocks
- Amazon Soars, Apple Rebounds As Stocks Rally To Big Gains. NANCY GONDO // Investors Business Daily;12/29/2015, p00
The article offers an update on the U.S. stock market as of December 29, 2015. Topics covered include stocks seeing increases due to positive consumer sentiment and housing data, the Nasdaq, Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 indexes regaining their 50-day moving...
- Stock Slump Goes To 3rd Day. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/13/2013, pA01
1 Indexes extended losses in a choppy session Thu. amid mixed data on retail sales and jobless claims. The Dow dropped 0.7%, and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%. The Nasdaq eased 0.1%, closing below the 4,000 level. Volume fell across the board. The 10-year Treasury yield rose 3 basis points to 2.88%.
- Stocks Reverse Higher As Facebook, Alphabet Help The Nasdaq; Medicals Routed. ARANCIBIA, JUAN CARLOS // Investors Business Daily;10/28/2016, p46
The article reports on the performance of the Nasdaq Stock Market in October 2016. Topics discussed include gains posted by Internet content provider Alphabet and social networking service Facebook, the performance of some medical stocks, and online retailer Amazon.com's failure to meet profit...
- Tech Rally Fizzles as U.S. Stocks Gyrate. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;10/10/2008, p5
The article reports on the performance of technology stocks in the U.S. It states that Morgan Stanley High-Technology Index lost 2.4 percent to 360. Google dropped 1.4 percent to $323.25, Microsoft dropped 4.4 percent to $21.32 and Intel skidded 4.3 percent to $14.93. The Dow Jones Industrial...
- Selling Prompts Outlook Shift. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/11/2014, pA01
1 A confirmed uptrend came under pres sure as oil prices plunged to a fresh 5-year low. The Nasdaq lost 1.7%, the S&P 500 1.6% and the Dow 1.5%. Volume rose. Oil stocks tumbled as crude fell 4.5% to $60.94 a barrel on a surprising rise in U.S. weekly inventories and OPEC's demand cut. The...
- Drop in Oil Prices Hammers Stocks; Most Indices End 2015 in the Red. Crabtree, Margot // American Fastener Journal;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on the drop in oil prices in December affecting stocks and equities with low figures at the stock exchange of Dow Jones Industrial Average with Nasdaq managing positive figures. Topics include drop in housing stock with single family apartments doing good before Christmas,...
- Stocks Surge In Lower Trade. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/6/2015, pA01
1 Stocks scored big gains amid another round of earnings reports, mixed economic data and an oil rebound. The Nasdaq and the S&P 500 each climbed 1%, while the Dow jumped 1.2%. Volume fell. Crude prices rose 4%. The 10-year Treasury yield rose to 1.82%.
- Stocks Rise In Lower Volume. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/25/2016, pA01
1 The Nasdaq jumped 2.7%, the S&P 500 climbed 2%, and the Dow was up 1.3% on expectations that China, Japan and Europe will enact stimulus. Volume dipped. The 10-year Treasury yield rose 2 basis points to 2.05%. Oil soared 9% to more than $32 a barrel.
- Stocks Stumble, Small Caps Lag; Amazon, Visa, Maxim Take Hits. ALAN R. ELLIOTT // Investors Business Daily;7/25/2014, p00
Stocks faltered in opening trade Friday as second-quarter results claimed losers and heroes.