Quantenna Unwraps In-Home Wi-Fi Chips
- One Billion Wi-Fl Chipsets to Ship in 2011 Alone. // Microwave Journal;Oct2009, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p51
The article presents market analysis on wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) chipsets, a group of integrated circuits, or chips designed to work together worldwide. According to the market data released by ABI Research Inc., Wi-Fi chipset vendors will ship 1 billion units in 2011 alone. Wi-Fi chipset...
- Wi-Fi Shipments to Surpass 770 Million Units in 2010. // Microwave Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p57
The article reports on the growth demand for wireless-enabled devices as experienced by the global shipments of Wi-Fi integrated circuits (ICs) which were forecasted to surpass 770 million units in 2010 equivalent of 33 percent increase compared to 2009.
- Broadcom offering D3 chip with 5G Wi-Fi. // CED;Oct2012, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p36
The article features a D3 chip with 5G Wi-Fi from Broadcom.
- leading edge. Prophet, Graham // EDN Europe;Dec2004, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the plan of Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd. to market a viable single chip called UniFi-1 for IEEE 802.11,Wi-Fi. Features of the consumer version; Capabilities; Specifications.
- WLAN Jumps 82%, iSuppli Reports. // Electronic News;4/12/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 15, pN.PAG
Reports on the performance of the market for wireless LAN equipment in 2003, according to iSuppli. Increase in sales of WLAN chipsets; Prediction made by iSuppli on the number of devices shipped with embedded Wi-Fi in 2008; Percentage of all client access equipment accounted by embedded Wi-Fi...
- WAVESAT SELECTS WIMAX TECHNOLOGY FOR OFDM MODEM. // Modem Users News;Mar2004, pN.PAG
This article focuses on the selection of Atmel's SiliconCITY capability by Wavesat Inc., a developer of Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) modem silicon, to design and manufacture the first WiMAX compliant IEEE-802.16d chips. Wavesat has been...
- ATHEROS ADOPTS NANOSIM FOR WIRELESS CHIP VERIFICATION. // Computer Protocols;Nov2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p1
This article reports that Atheros Communications, Inc. has adopted Synopsys' NanoSim for the radio frequency (RF) front-end circuits verification of its AR5005G single-chip wireless solution as of November 2004. The chip is a multi-million-gate integrated circuit (IC) that supports the IEEE...
- Redpine Signals Disrupting the Wireless Industry. Swamy, Vimali // Siliconindia;Nov2011, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p8
The article discusses the success of Redpine Signals Inc., founded by Venkat Mattela in the U.S. It offers information on the features of the first simultaneous dual-band and high performance 450 Mbps 3x3 802.11n Chipset, the latest invention of the company. It also highlights some of the...
- UWB Standards War Continues. // Electronic News;11/15/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 46, pN.PAG
Reports on an ongoing dispute concerning a standard for UWB chips, as of November 2004. Price point for the UWB chips; Plans for the price point of 802.11n; Advantage of entering the complimentary metal oxide semiconductor market for UWB vendors.