Street Boos Apple's Macs
- Apple surprises with profit return. // Computer Bulletin;Mar1998, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the 45 million dollars in profit posted by computer manufacturer Apple in the first quarter to December 26, 1997. It is noted that the firm was predicted to lose 10 million dollars by analysts in the securities industry in the U.S. Apple board and Apple Macintosh...
- Teenage Wasteland. Deer, Jessica // Eastern Door;10/14/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p11
The article presents the author's insights regarding the products of Apple Inc. following the death of its co-founder and chief executive officer (CEO) Steve Jobs due to cancer.
- Apple Expected to Update iCloud, MacBook Pros at WWDC. // CIO Insight;5/15/2012, p1
The article reports on the anticipated move of American multinational corporation Apple Inc. to unveil its updated iCloud, a cloud service, at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) on June 11, 2012. It cites the statement of the late Steve Jobs, who assumed as chief executive officer (CEO),...
- iPhone, Mac Sales Give Apple's Quarterly Earnings a Boost. // Channel Insider;4/21/2011, p1
The article reports that the sales of iPhone and Macbook have increased the income of Apple Inc. for the fiscal 2011 second quarter. It states that the net profit of the company for the second quarter is 5.99 billion dollars and revenues of 24.67 billion dollars. Moreover, Apple chief executive...
- Back To The Mac. Grannell, Craig // Micro Mart;9/5/2013, Issue 1276, p77
The article examines whether the iPad would really replace the MacBook or any personal computer (PC) in the workplace. It states that the iPad has some way to go to fully match the desktop machines of Apple Inc. It mentions the predictions by Steve Jobs of Apple that traditional computers will...
- Apple Plans new Spaceship'-like Campus. Shah, Agam // Macworld;Sep2011, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p18
The article reports that Apple Inc. is planning to build a new campus, near its existing headquarters in Cupertino, California. According to the chief executive officer of Apple, Steve Jacobs, the campus will look like a spaceship landed, and it will be big enough to house 12,000 employees. It...
- Biting the Apple (or not). HAMILTON, J. E. // Fifth Estate;Spring2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p13
The article offers the author's regarding the popularity of various digital technology products of Apple Inc. such as MacBook laptop computers, iPhone smartphones, and iPad. The author discusses the impact of Apple's products on the society and individuality due to the products' quality and...
- Gee-whizz. Gliddon, Josh // Bulletin with Newsweek;06/22/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6179, p92
Evaluates the 1999 series G3 PowerBook laptop computers from Apple. How they are designed to appeal to those who wish to stand out in a crowd; Brief history of the company and the influence of Steve Jobs; Performance of the computer; Recommended memory and features; Price and contact information.
- "Back to the Mac" Rumor Round-Up. Windish, Joe // Moderate Voice;10/20/2010, p1
A preview of two products from Apple Inc. is presented, e ultrathin notebook MacBook Air and the new components of iLife suite.