Tech Rally Fizzles as U.S. Stocks Gyrate
- MARKET WATCH. // Orange County Business Journal;5/9/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p6
The article presents statistical data related to stocks of various business enterprises in Orange County, California. Stocks posted mild gains after the U.S. Labor Department reported a 2.6% annualized increase in worker productivity for the first quarter. The Dow Jones Industrial Average, the...
- Wall Street Life Raft Springs Leak. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;9/29/2008, p9
The article reports on the decline in U.S. stocks as the $700 billion Wall Street rescue plan fails in the House. The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 777 points and the Nasdaq's plunge accelerated at the close to 9.1 percent. Apple dropped $20.71, or 16.2 percent, while Google crossed the...
- Stocks Reverse Higher Again. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/14/2015, pA01
1 Top indexes started lower but ended higher for a second straight session. The Nasdaq climbed 0.5%; the S&P 500 rose 0.4%. The Dow Jones industrial average outperformed with an 0.6% gain. Volume dropped off across the board. The 10-year Treasury yield fell 3 basis points to 2.19%.
- Stocks Lower In Early Trade; Jazz Cuts Losses. VINCENT MAO // Investors Business Daily;11/10/2015, p00
The article reports on the 0.6% decline in stock prices at the Nasdaq Stock Market and the 0.2% decline at Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 and Dow Jones industrial average.
- Stocks Rise For A Second Day. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/4/2015, pA01
1 Stocks closed off their session highs, but still scored a second straight gain. The Nasdaq ended up 0.4% after being up as much as 0.7%. The S&P 500 rose 0.3%, while the Dow Jones industrials outperformed with a 0.5% gain. Volume rose across the board. The 10-year Treasury yield increased to...
- Nasdaq Leads As Stocks Bounce Back; GoPro Breaks Out. VINCENT MAO // Investors Business Daily;8/29/2014, p00
Stocks climbed back into positive territory after spending time in the red.
- Nasdaq Leads Quiet, Pre-Holiday Session; NXP Breaks Out. KEN SHREVE // Investors Business Daily;8/29/2014, p00
The Nasdaq led a modest market rally in light volume Friday ahead of the three-day weekend.
- Stocks Open Higher; Seagate, Alcoa, R.R. Donnelley Climb. ELLIOTT, ALAN R. // Investors Business Daily;7/12/2016, p40
The article reports that majority of stocks performed strongly during the July 12, 2016 trading day. Topics discussed include the Dow Jones industrial average, the Standard and Poor's 500 and Nasdaq all recording gains during the day, the small capitalization stocks continuing their strong...
- Stock Prices Reach Highs On Triple-Witching Volume. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;12/20/2013, p00
Stocks were on a tear in early afternoon trading Friday with volume goosed by options expiration.