Google, YouTube Target Games
- Google set for leap into in-game ads. // Marketing Week;1/25/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p32
The article reports on Google's marketing strategy for advertising through in-game. It talks on the possible acquisition of in-game advertising company Adscape Media. Microsoft purchased in-game server Massive to be introduced with Vista operating system. It provides information on Google's...
- Why Google and gaming isn't a killer combination. Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;2/5/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses Google's business strategies as of February 2007. There is speculation that Google wants to buy its way into the dynamic in-game advertising insertion business by acquiring Ontario based AdScape Media. AdScape is considered a second-tier player in the gaming arena because...
- Game-ad boom looms as Sony opens up PS3. Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;2/25/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that Sony will create an open platform for in-game advertising in its PlayStation 3 video game console. This means that in-game advertising agencies Double Fusion, IGA, and AdScape will all be able to sell advertising on video games played on the PlayStation 3 console....
- Google gives green light to video ads. Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;5/29/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the launch of video advertising on the Google AdSense network of publishers in May 2006. The program has been in beta testing for the past six weeks, said Gokul Rajaram, product-manager director for AdSense, with such advertisers as Paramount Classics for the film An...
- Video game magazines fight it out. Callahan, Sean // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p18
Reports on competition for advertising space and dollars among Imagine Media's `Games Business,' `MCV,' of Media USA and Cyberactive Media Group's `GameWeek' magazines. Coverage of the personal computer and video games industries; Redesign of `GameWeek' in January 1999; Imagine's merger with...
- Game channel has field to itself. Dempsey, John // Variety;8/5/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 11, p15
Features the cable television network G4 as of August 2002. Support of advertisers for the network; Details on the executive post of G4; Competition between the network and the publishing industry dedicated to video games.
- An opportunity for publishers. // Advertising Age;9/12/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 37, p22
Reports on the magazine advertisement brokering by Google Inc. Total spending of Google on magazine advertising in 2004, according to TNS media Intelligence; Information on Google's online advertising; Implication of the advertisement brokering business for publishers.
- Gift Guide: Streaming video services. JESDANUN, ANICK // South Florida Times;11/26/2015, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p3C
The article offers brief information on several video streaming services and products including the TiVo Bolt digital video recorder from TiVo, the Chromecast streaming service from Google, and the Shield video game console from Nvidia.
- Gold Rush On in Viral Video. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;6/26/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p18
The article focuses on the industry for online video service companies as of June 2006. Revver, an online video service that shares advertising revenue with would-be Internet auteurs, plans to emerge from its nine-month beta test early next month, and with that official launch will come a new...