Angel Investors Fly Steady
- First 'angel' financing group in Salt Lake metro area formed. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/12/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p1
Announces the formation of the financial group called Olympus Angels based in Salt Lake City, Utah in September 2005. Significance of the financing group to startup businesses; Statement issued by Olympus Angels head Jim Ellsworth on the mission of the financing group; Estimate of the number of...
- Central Valley angels could reap a divine payoff for good deeds done. Stearns // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/03/2000, Issue 322559, p7
Provides information about angel investors, who provide start-up companies with much-needed capital. Characteristics of angel investors; Difference between venture capital companies and angel investors; Prevalence of angel investing in the United States.
- Two Sick Banks Progress Toward Healthy Merger. Witkowski, Rachel // American Banker;8/10/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 123, p7
The article focuses on undercapitalized U.S. banks that are looking for investors or merger deals. FNB United Corp.'s August 2, 2011 stock offering and its $310 million private-equity-financed deal to acquire Bank of Granite Corp. is discussed. Banks mentioned are First Mariner Bancorp,...
- Despite A Down Day, A Few Break Out To New Highs. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;8/7/2015, pB01
The article reports on the good performance and growth of investors in the U.S. as of August 2015.
- UK Report on Start-ups Calls for New Source of Funding. Moran, Nuala // BioWorld International;1/28/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p1
This article discusses a report commissioned by the British government which stressed the need of the biotechnology industry to find a new way of funding start-ups in 2000. According to the report, action is needed from the government to provide tax incentives for investment in early stage...
- Estimating your company's venture value. Turner, Steven B. // Fairfield County Business Journal;07/31/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 31, p17
Focuses on the estimation of the venture value of a company in the United States. Accounts on the process of venture capital transactions; Effect of the money needs on the value assessment; Disadvantages of the money-raising process; Factors contributing to the valuation of the company.
- Payments Startup Fuze Raises $1.2M. Johnson, Andrew // American Banker;2/23/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 29, p2
Brief information is given about the new payments company Fuze Network Inc. which raised $1.2 million in financing as of February 23, 2011.
- Venture funding scarce for local software firms. Sodoma, Brian // Inside Tucson Business;09/07/98, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p21
Reports on the scarcity of venture capital funding for startup software firms in Arizona. Breakdown of capital funding allocation per industry; Efforts of the Greater Tucson Economic Council to show local firms the various financing options.
- Can individual investors duplicate professional momentum investing? Pettengill, Glenn N.; Edwards, Susan M.; Griggs, Frank T. // Financial Services Review;Winter2009, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p355
Pettengill, Edwards and Schmitt (2006) compare the selections made by the professionals and the readers in The Wall Street Journal Dartboard Contest. They find that the selections of the professionals are significantly more profitable than the selections of the readers and argue that momentum...