Angel Investors Fly Steady
- First 'angel' financing group in Salt Lake metro area formed. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/12/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p1
Announces the formation of the financial group called Olympus Angels based in Salt Lake City, Utah in September 2005. Significance of the financing group to startup businesses; Statement issued by Olympus Angels head Jim Ellsworth on the mission of the financing group; Estimate of the number of...
- Central Valley angels could reap a divine payoff for good deeds done. Stearns // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/03/2000, Issue 322559, p7
Provides information about angel investors, who provide start-up companies with much-needed capital. Characteristics of angel investors; Difference between venture capital companies and angel investors; Prevalence of angel investing in the United States.
- Two Sick Banks Progress Toward Healthy Merger. Witkowski, Rachel // American Banker;8/10/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 123, p7
The article focuses on undercapitalized U.S. banks that are looking for investors or merger deals. FNB United Corp.'s August 2, 2011 stock offering and its $310 million private-equity-financed deal to acquire Bank of Granite Corp. is discussed. Banks mentioned are First Mariner Bancorp,...
- Despite A Down Day, A Few Break Out To New Highs. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;8/7/2015, pB01
The article reports on the good performance and growth of investors in the U.S. as of August 2015.
- Americans Concerned for Investments Following Election. Umpierrez, Amanda // Plan Sponsor News;10/21/2016, p1
63% surveyed say the election has already impacted their investment choices in the past year.
- As Election Approaches, Americans Prepare for Impacts on Investments. Umpierrez, Amanda // Plan Advisor News;10/21/2016, p1
A new BlackRock survey finds opportunities for investors wanting to help concerned Americans.
- UK Report on Start-ups Calls for New Source of Funding. Moran, Nuala // BioWorld International;1/28/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p1
This article discusses a report commissioned by the British government which stressed the need of the biotechnology industry to find a new way of funding start-ups in 2000. According to the report, action is needed from the government to provide tax incentives for investment in early stage...
- Estimating your company's venture value. Turner, Steven B. // Fairfield County Business Journal;07/31/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 31, p17
Focuses on the estimation of the venture value of a company in the United States. Accounts on the process of venture capital transactions; Effect of the money needs on the value assessment; Disadvantages of the money-raising process; Factors contributing to the valuation of the company.
- Payments Startup Fuze Raises $1.2M. Johnson, Andrew // American Banker;2/23/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 29, p2
Brief information is given about the new payments company Fuze Network Inc. which raised $1.2 million in financing as of February 23, 2011.