U.S. Stocks Slide Despite Rate-Cut Hints
- Slow Start: Nasdaq, @Net Take A Hit. Weisul, Kimberly // Inter@ctive Week;01/10/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p12
Provides update on the stock prices of some technology companies as of January 3, 2000. Shares of CMGI; Decline in the share prices of Amazon.com and BroadVision. INSET: Lucent Sales Slow, by Joe McGarvey.
- Great Expectations. McDonald, Duff // Technology Review;Apr2005, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p30
This article reports on the stock performance of technology companies in the U.S., as of April 2005. The stocks of underperforming companies are more likely to fall than to rise. After coming up short in their fourth quarters, both Amazon.com and eBay suffered rampant selling. The online...
- Rants & Raves. // Computer Shopper;Apr2013, Issue 302, p18
The article presents several technology experts' feedback on developments in the technology industry as of April 2013. Mel Croucher discusses the decline of social networking company Facebook's share prices. Seth Barton addresses the use of near-field communications (NFC) technology in smart...
- Three Questions about `New Economy' Stocks. Kwan, Simon // FRBSF Economic Letter;05/12/2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 15, p1
Addresses several questions on economy stocks. Dominance of technology companies in the stock markets; Importance of technology companies to the economy; Dependence of technology stocks on cash flows to support stock prices; Sensitivity of technology companies to interest rate changes.
- Net Fueled Frenzy in 1998. Barrett, Larry // PC Week;01/04/99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
Discusses the performance of Internet-related stocks in 1998. Number of the top ten technology stocks for 1998 that were related to the Internet; Percentage gains made by the top technology stocks; The 859 percent increase in Amazon.com Inc.'s share price, despite the loss of over 80 million...
- No .com here: Reveling in the internet stock slide. Snyder, David // Crain's Chicago Business;06/21/99, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p11
Comments on the decline of prices of Internet stocks. Market capitalization of Amazon.Com as of March 1999; Vindication for people who abstained from the Internet stock craze.
- Showbiz Stocks. // Hollywood Reporter;5/11/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 16, p7
The article reports developments related to the performance of showbiz stocks including Amazon.com reporting strong 2012 first-quarter financials.
- GREEN: How CRZY Is AMZN? Kurson, Ken // Esquire;Jan2001, Vol. 135 Issue 1, p37
Provides information on the stock market portfolio of Amazon.com. Brief background on how the company started; Discussion on the financial gains and losses of the firm; Stocks posted by the firm as of the last quarter of 2000.
- SPOTLIGHT. Adragna, Anthony // Seattle Business;Jul2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p15
The article focuses on the increase in the stock price of Amazon.com Inc. despite a malfunction of its cloud computing network and weak quarterly earnings.