Kleiner Perkins Leads $75M for Smart Grid Startup
- Family Matters. Wolfe, Sean // Red Herring;4/16/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 14, p22
The article offers information on the investment done by John Doerr, venture capitalist (VC) of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, in his brother Thomas Doerr's medical IT startup called Purkinje Inc. The VC recently poured $10 million of his own cash into Purkinje. Purkinje which was started in...
- Kleiner Perkins Gets Its Digital Groove Back On. Lashinsky, Adam // Fortune;12/6/2010, Vol. 162 Issue 9, p48
The article discusses the strategy of venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins. The author examines Kleiner's past investment in "green" energy and return to focusing on internet and information technology companies. The firm's alternative energy holdings and recent public offerings as of December...
- eASIC Gets $5M. // Electronic News;6/7/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 23, pN.PAG
Reports on the equity financing received by structured application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) startup eASIC Corp. from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers in 2004. Purpose of the funding; Reason for the investment decision of Kleiner Perkins; Characterization of the ASIC technology...
- Exit Strategy a Challenge For Kleiner Perkins. // India -- West;2/3/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 11, pA42
The article reports on venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, which is finding it hard to exit the Indian companies it has currently invested in.
- Bulletin board. // Advertising Age;7/15/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 29, p16
The article offers Internet-related news briefs as of July 1996. Yahoo! Inc. has launched its personalization capabilities. Europe Online SA is meeting with investors about increasing their stake in the company. Russell Siegelman is joining venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
- eASIC scores $48M in funding. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;3/17/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p21
This article reports that fabless semiconductor company eASIC Corp. raised $48 million in late stage financing. This funding will support its product deployment, customer support and next generation products. The financing round was lead by Advanced Equities Inc, and previous investors Khosla...
- Qatar, VCs Pump $65M into Fisker. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;9/9/2008, p7
The article reports that Fisker Automotive received $65 million from a Series C financing round which was led by a unit of the Qatar Investment Authority. The investment will be allocated to develop the fuel-saving hybrid sports car called Karma. Investors Palo Alto Investors and Kleiner Perkins...
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;5/21/2012, p2
The article reports that a venture capital fund worth 525 million dollars focusing on investments in early stage digital consumer and enterprise, green technology and life sciences companies was closed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.
- Crossbar Closes Series C Funding of $25M; Oversubscribed Round Validates Company's Readiness to Scale. // Telecom Mergers & Acquisitions;Feb2014, p8
The article offers information on the announcement of Crossbar Inc., which provides resistive random-access memory (RRAM) technology, regarding the completion of $25 million Series C funding on March 4, 2014. It states the existing investors of Crossbar Inc. including Artiman Ventures, Kleiner...