MindFuse Raises $1M
- Beyond Self-Selection in Video Game Play: An Experimental Examination of the Consequences of Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game Play. Smyth, Joshua M. // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Oct2007, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p717
There is burgeoning interest in the study of video games. Existing work is limited by the use of correlational designs and is thus unable to make causal inferences or remove self-selection biases from observed results. The recent development of online, socially integrated video games (massively...
- HERO MANIA IS BACK. Steinberg, Scott // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan2007, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p48
This article provides reviews of video games. Among the video games reviewed are "Tomb Raider: Legend," "Hitman: Blood Money," and "Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence." Each game's graphics, storyline and price is discussed.
- NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED 360. // Street Machine;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p137
The article reviews the video game Need for Speed Most Wanted.
- Virtual Skipper 4. Race, Nick // APC (Bauer Media Group);May2006, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p132
The article reviews the video game "Virtual Skipper 4."
- TOP FIVE CLASSIC GAMES. // ITNOW;Sep2008, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p34
The article offers information on the top five classic video games according to the magazine. Pong is reportedly released by Atari in 1972 and features a virtual ping pong ball game. Space Invaders released in the 1970s reportedly shows an icon of character design which are now synonymous with...
- Conspiracy Hermeneutics: The Secret World as Weird Tale. Krzywinska, Tanya // Science Fiction Film & Television;2015, Vol. 44.1 Issue 120, p29
The article examines the definition of "Weird Games" through consideration of the multiplayer online game "The Secret World" (TSW) as a basis for promoting the aesthetic potential of Weird fiction for digital games. Topics covered include how the Weird tale could be broadly considered as a part...
- Stocks And Squares. Shaun // Micro Mart;8/14/2014, Issue 1324, p79
The article offers previews of three video games, "GameX II," "X=Y=Z," and "Jam It" developed by Throwback Games.
- Party TIME! // Dolly;Oct2010, Issue 478, p160
The article reviews the several Wii and Playstation video games, including "Just Dance 2," "Start the Party" and "SingStar Chart Hits."
- Wii bit of fun. Luce, Mark // Golfdom;Nov2007, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p56
The author offers opinions on the Nintendo Wii video game console. Before the product was introduced, he did not see how another video game console could compete in the market. A friend introduced him to the Wii, and the author soon found the imitative actions needed to play sports video games...