GameStop Gobbles French Video Game Chain
- GameStop acquires French retailer. Bassett, Elizabeth // Fort Worth Business Press;10/6/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of French video game retailer Micromania by Grapevine, Texas-based GameStop Corp. It states that this $700-worth transaction still requires a clearance by the European Commission (EC) and is anticipated to close in November 2008. The terms of the deal...
- GAMESTOP PLANS $300 MILLION SHARE BUYBACK. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;1/18/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
This article announces the plan of gaming retailer GameStop to launch a 300 million U.S. dollar stock buyback initiative. It notes that the earnings per share of the company could increase by 10% as a result of the initiative. Also, there is a plan by the company to open 400 new stores and to...
- GameStop and EB Games ready for two-player mode. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;9/26/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 18, p4
The article reports on a deal between GameStop Corp. and its rival Electronics Boutique, where GameStop will issue $950 million in debt to help finance its purchase of Electronics Boutique. A chain of more than 4,200 stores and annual sales of nearly $4 billion will be established by the merger....
- New GameStop/EB entity to control 25% of market. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;5/9/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p4
The article reports that game retailer GameStop Corp. purchased rival Electronics Boutique Holdings Corp. last month. The merger will create a company with combined annual sales of nearly $4 billion to rival Wal-Mart Stores Inc. as the top game retailer. The purchase, which would be financed by...
- GameStop acquires Kongregate. Bassett, Elizabeth // Fort Worth Business Press;8/2/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of Kongregate Inc., an online social gaming site based in San Francisco, California, by GameStop Corp. in 2010.
- GameStop. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/3/2015, pA02
The article reports on the acquisition of Geeknet, online retailer company, for 140 million dollars or 20 dollar a share by GameStop, electronics retailer company.
- GameStop Corp. a superhero in retail world. FRANCIS, ROBERT // Fort Worth Business Press;8/24/2015, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p44
The article focuses on the acquisition of online merchant Geeknet Inc by video game retailer GameStop Corp.
- GameStop Gobbles 507 AT&T Mobility Stores In Diversification Move. SEITZ, PATRICK // Investors Business Daily;8/2/2016, p1
The article reports that Grapevine, Texas-based video game retailer GameStop Corp. acquired three national AT&T Inc. authorized retailers, adding 507 stores to its Technology Brands business.
- WWD FRIDAY. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/2/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 2, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the acquisition of the company Sacks by David Suliteanu, owner of Sephora SA, one on the opening of the fourth store in Las Vegas, Nevada by Christian Dior SA, and one on the pay package of Ralph Lauren, chief...