Will Wii Sink Nintendo?
- CHANGING THE GAME. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Sep2013, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses the release of several game technologies including playstation four (PS4) from Sony Corp., Xbox One game console from Microsoft Corp., and Wii U game console from Nintendo Co. Ltd.
- THE BATTLE FOR 2ND PLACE. Morris, Chris // Daily Variety;12/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 46, p26
The article reports on the intense competition among big companies in the video games industry in 2010. It highlights the success of Nintendo Co. Ltd. to lead the industry with total sales of 30.6 million dollars for its Wii consoles. Meanwhile, it mentions the extreme battle between Sony Corp....
- State of play: the eighth generation. // Choice Computer;Nov/Dec2014, p28
The article reviews several products, including the Microsoft Xbox One video game console from Microsoft, the Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) video game console from Sony, and the Nintendo Wii U game console from Nintendo.
- TOP NEW TECH. // Ralph;Dec2009, p96
The article evaluates new computer gaming consoles and components including the computer controller Natal from Xbox, Motion Controller from Sony and the pulse-monitoring device WII Vitality Sensor from Nintendo.
- GAMERS ON WIl SPREE. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;3/19/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 56, p7
The article reports that Nintendo's video game console Wii is dominating the video game business in the United States and has sold 335,000 units in February as compared to the sales of 228,000 units of Microsoft's Xbox360 and 127,000 of Sony's PlayStation3. It is mentioned that Sony's low priced...
- PS3 Upping Its Game. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;7/1/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p6
The article reports that as many as 380 new PlayStation 3 (PS3) games, in stores and online, will be available to gamers by the end of 2007. The game console's manufacturer Sony Corp. announced the plan because of the tough competition with other game consoles. According to market research firm...
- PS3 SELLS 1M IN JAPAN. Latchem, John // Home Media Magazine;7/22/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p42
The article reports that the PlayStation 3 (PS3) game console of Sony surpassed 1 million in unit sales about eight months after its launch in Japan. As of July 15, 2007, 1.01 million units of the PS3 have been sold in the country. Nintendo's Wii console reached 2.9 million in sales by July 8,...
- Wll STILL THE WINNER. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;6/18/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 54, p6
The article reports on the market performance of Wii video game console from Nintendo Co. Ltd. in the U.S. The Wii videogame console is the bestselling videogame console in the country. Moreover, the company claimed four of the five top-selling games in the market. The company was able to sell...
- IN PRAISE OF THIRD PLACE. Surowiecki, James // New Yorker;12/4/2006, Vol. 82 Issue 40, p44
The article discusses the video game company Nintendo being the number three seller of video game consoles. The article notes that even though Nintendo is not the number one seller of video game consoles, it is on top when it comes to bringing in a profit. In 2006, Nintendo made close to a...