TechSpin:Opera Thinks Small
- Opera upgrades Mini to maximize market opportunities. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p15
The article reports on the plan of Opera Software ASA to launch the third version of its Mini mobile browser for mass-market cellular telephones, promising to enhance security and increase download speeds for surfers on the wireless Web. Unlike most of its competitors, which build browsers...
- Opera, Samsung team for Web browsing. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p18
The article reports on the deal signed by Opera Software ASA to embed its wireless browser on handsets from Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. The manufacturer will use Opera Mobile, which formats Internet content for small screens by stripping out data-heavy graphics and emphasizing vertical...
- shadowram. // CRN;10/4/2004, Issue 1115, p132
Discusses several issues surrounding the product pricing of several computer software manufacturers. Price cut plans of AMD; Inventory-related problems being faced by Intel; Marketing potential of the software from Opera.
- VimpelCom Extends its Existing Partnership with Opera. // Russian Telecom;Jan2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the extension of the existing agreement of VimpelCom with Opera Software to be able to offer all the mobile Internet products in the Opera Software portfolio including Opera Max, Skyfire Rocket Optimizer and Opera Web Pass to VimpelCom customers in 2014.
- Russian operators face Olympic task to meet mobile video demand. // Russian Telecom;Feb2014, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p3
The article cites research conducted by Opera Software's Skyfire which shows that 37% of video played on Russian 3G networks is affected by buffering and stalling to some degree.
- Web browser for mobile phones. // Telecom Asia;Oct2005, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p39
The article introduces the Opera Mini J2ME Web browsers from Opera Software Co. Used for all types of software, the Opera Mini enables Web access on low- and mid-tier Java-capable handsets with the use of a remote server to preprocess the page before sending it to cellular telephone. The...
- Opera, Kyocera enter browser agreement. // RCR Wireless News;3/15/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p33
Reports on the deal of Kyocera Wireless Corp. to sell its mobile phones to Opera Software. Initial public offering filed by Opera; Reason for the failure of Wireless Application Protocol according to Lars Boilesen, executive vice president of Opera.
- Mobile Shopping Trends: 106% Growth, Sunday Most Popular, Friday Least. // Trak.in;12/15/2014, p1
The article reports on the finding of a report by software firm Opera Software which reveals how consumers are using their mobile phones for shopping online. It mentions that the report studies consumer behaviour while making online purchases, breaks down mobile shopping trends by time of year...
- Opera links desktop, cellphone browsers. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p8
The article reports on the release of Opera Link by Opera Software ASA that enables Opera browser users to access their bookmarks, speed dial and personal bar feature from any device, including cellphones. Opera Link is supported by the newest versions of Opera's browsers for both desktop...