Verizon Profits From Wireless
- Verizon Subscriber Additions Slow In Q4. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;1/22/2014, pA04
Verizon Communications on Tuesday reported Q4 wireless postpaid subscriber growth and profit margins slightly above views, but worries over stiffer competition sent its stock down.
- Verizon Seeks Quick Ending To Strike, Revises Outlook. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;08/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p1
Reports the strong financial performance of Verizon Communications in its wireless, data, long-distance and international units for the second-quarter of 2000. Percentage of earnings posted; Factors that influenced the strong performance; Comments from the company officials.
- Verizon Wireless revenues up 19 percent. // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p39
Announces the increase in the revenues of Verizon Wireless in the second quarter of 2000 compared with that of the same quarter of 1999.
- VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC. // Business Insurance;4/27/2015, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p0034
The article offers information on broadband and telecommunications firm Verizon Communications Inc. and includes details on its revenue and income in 2014.
- Verizon set to take on N.Y. TV fray. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/29/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 17, p4
The article reports on the launch of 100 high-definition channels by Verizon to acquire video subscription in New York City. The launch of new services leads Verizon to encourage consumers to switch services in video subscription. Additionally, general manager of Verizon Maura Breen claims that...
- Verizon Eyes Intel Media. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;11/4/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p2
The article reports that Verizon Communications is in talks to acquire all or part of semiconductor firm Intel Corp.'s Intel Media which develops an over-the-top video subscription service.
- CONNECTIONS. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/29/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 24, p15
No abstract available.
- Q3 magic for VZW, tragic for sprint Nextel. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;11/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p9
The article reports on the third quarter performance of Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel Corp. in 2007. Although Verizon Wireless was outpaced in net customer additions by AT&T Mobility, the carrier added 1.8 million net retail customers during the third quarter. Meanwhile, Sprint Nextel's...
- Verizon Acquires AOL For $4.4 Bil. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;5/13/2015, pB11
The article reports on the agreement of American telecommunications company Verizon Communications Inc. to acquire Internet content and services company AOL Inc. It notes the plan of Verizon to launch mobile video services and the online subscription business and Web brands of AOL, targeting the...