Wii Fit Tops UK Charts
- Wii Fit Still on Top in UK. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;5/5/2009, p3
The article reports on the sales performance of the Wii Fit, the exergame launched by Nintendo in 2008. According to Gfk Chart-Track, the game has been the top seller in top software sales in Great Britain. Meanwhile, two other Nintendo-exclusive games, namely Mario Kart Wii and Professor Layton...
- Nintendo Faces Dim Future As Wii U Fails. // Micro Mart;1/30/2014, Issue 1296, p36
The article reports on the dim future of Nintendo as indicated by the poor sales outcome of its Wii U console and software.
- WII GAME A SALES 'SMASH' Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;3/18/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 51, p6
The article reports that Japanese firm Nintendo's fighting game "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" has sold a record-breaking 1.4 million units in its first week of release in the U.S. The video game, which was produced solely for the Wii console, pits classic Nintendo characters against one another in...
- Nintendo Zigs to Economy's Zag. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;5/7/2009, p1
The article reports on the increase in the profit of Kyoto, Japan-based Nintendo for the 2009 fiscal year. The company reported net income of $2.8 billion on revenue of $18.5 billion. The Wii sold 26 million units and the DS sold 31 million units. In terms of software, 197 million units of...
- Wii U. // Children's Ministry;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p18
The article previews the Wii U next-generation console from Nintendo.
- What's hot & not. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Oct2009, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p109
The article reviews two video games from Nintendo Co. Ltd., including Wii and Virtual Boy.
- Nintendo rolls out Wii successor. Schilling, Mark // Daily Variety;4/26/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 16, p8
The article reports that Nintendo Co. Ltd. is launching the successor to its Wii game console and has released its financial performance for the fiscal year that ended March 2011.
- Demo Play Also on DS. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;7/7/2009, p1
The article reports on the plan of Nintendo to make its Demo Play feature compatible on high speed action video games of Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS, according to the Japanese newspaper "Nihon Keizai Shimbun." The four-player co-op New Super Mario Bros Wii is the first video game of Nintendo...
- FOR THE WII FIT GAME. Crews, Veronica // Money;Sep2009, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p20
The article presents a breakdown of the $90 retail price of the Wii Fit videogame from Nintendo. The game's manufacture costs $20, while marketing, research and development costs total $7. Retailers collect $18, with the remaining $45 being profit for Nintendo. Since its introduction in 2008 the...