Will Recession Boost SaaS?
- Make it flow. Ketchin, David // Accountancy;Feb2009, Vol. 143 Issue 1386, p37
This article discusses strategies for maintaining cash flow during a recession. The author recommends the use of aggressive capital management and effective business forecasting to avoid liquidity issues. The importance of ensuring flexibility in commercial dealings and the effectiveness of...
- The Bicycle Theory of Management. LARRATT-SMITH, HUGH; GAGAN, JIM // Secured Lender;Mar2009, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p24
The article discusses the author's views regarding the credit markets in the economic environment of 2009. It explores how the liquidity problems in 2008 will impact corporate defaults and slow down the market in 2009. The author discusses the factors affecting the scarcity of new loans in the...
- Recession Resistant? Wall Street Sees Rough Road Ahead. Prior, Molly // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/26/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 66, p14
The article forecasts on how beauty firms will manage the financial crisis and the impact of this economic crisis on their businesses in the U.S. Emerging firms that have won favor with consumers and alternative retail channels with their niche positioning will have rougher road ahead. It...
- FORECASTING & PLANNING IN AN EXTREMELY SEASONAL BUSINESS--INTUIT'S EXPERIENCE. Ramanujan, Sanjay; Fisher, Andr�a // Journal of Business Forecasting;Fall2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p11
The article features the company Intuit, developer of financial software products which include TurboTax, for small businesses. The mission of the company is to create ways to manage personal finances and small businesses. The company uses forecasting and planning processes which include...
- HARVESTING THE GREEN. McCright, John S. // eWeek;8/12/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p37
Presents views on the financial performance of large software vendors in the U.S. Significance of partnerships with targeted resellers and more flexible licensing plan; Concept of small and midsize businesses; Necessity of value-add relationship in business.
- Application Modernisation Market in State Of Flux-Butler Group. // Database & Network Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p22
Reports on developments in the computer software industry. Issue surrounding the perceived sanctity of critical line-of-business applications; Application modernization market lifecyle rating; Dominance of small companies developing comprehensive toolsets; Level of integration and interoperability.
- Midmarketers turning from large ERP players. Pender, Lee // PC Week;11/29/99, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p14
Reports on small enterprise resource planning (ERP) developers that are filling the void left by their more established counterparts when it comes to midsize businesses. Midmarketers' less willingness to put up with product delays and high costs from large ERP vendors; Products from Pronto...
- NO CRYSTAL BALL IN THE SOFTWARE INDUSTRY. Davis, Allan M. // IEEE Software;Jul93, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p91
Presents a survey designed to dispel myths about the forefront of the computer software industry. Reaction of software companies to business forecasts from 1986 to 1988; Categories for ranking companies; Basis for the forecasts.
- Chapter 4: Business Environment. Howat, James; Anderson, Kathryn // Turkey Business Forecast Report;2012 2nd Quarter, Issue 2, p25
The article offers information regarding the outlook for the business environment in Turkey including the increase of private sector liquidity, increase of the economy's vulnerability to investment due to the increase of high external debt, and the push for new pension and labour code reforms.