Google Giveth and Yahoo Taketh Away
- POLITE CONVERSATION. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2011, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p8
The article presents a quote from the former chief executive officer (CEO) of Yahoo! Inc., Carol Bartz, on getting dismissed by the company.
- WOMEN FORTUNE 500 CEOS AT A NEW HIGH NAFE. // NAFE Magazine;Spring2009, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p4
The article announces the appointment of Carol Bartz as chief executive officer (CEO) of Yahoo.
- New Yahoo CEO begins work to turn it around. Hurn, Mary Elizabeth // DM News;1/19/2009, p1
The article focuses on the challenges to be faced by Carol Bartz, the new chief executive officer (CEO) of Yahoo! Inc., in the U.S. Bartz was said to be the former CEO of software firm Autodesk Inc., a leader with a proven record of driving revenue, profits and shareholder value growth. Experts...
- Yahoo! McCormick, Andrew // Marketing (00253650);9/21/2011, p22
The article focuses on the termination of Carol Bartz as chief executive officer at Yahoo! Inc. and the insights of Scott Gallacher and Paul Doleman on how the company can upgrade its performance. It says that Bartz who has been in charge of Yahoo! for two-and-a-half years was fired by the...
- Yahoo's future hazy after Bartz sacked. // Direct Marketing News;Oct2011, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p8
The article presents several views from industry experts regarding the decision made by Yahoo! Inc.'s board of directors to sack its chief executive officer (CEO) Carol Bartz. Nicholas Kolakowski of eWeek.com asserts that the company is on the verge of a rocky transition having lost to Google...
- HI, I'M CAROL BARTZ... ARE YOU AN ASSHOLE? Fussman, Cal // Esquire;May2010, Vol. 153 Issue 5, p100
The article presents an interview with Carol Bartz, chief executive officer (CEO) of Internet services company Yahoo! She discussed her childhood. She also discussed why she thought she was a good cocktail waitress and she described her first day as a manager at Digital Equipment in Atlanta,...
- THE DOWNLOAD. // Revolution (14605953);Feb2009, p6
The article covers issues related to mass media. It mentions the launch of the Perfect Break advertising campaign of KitKat. Also noted is the appointment of Carol Bartz, former executive chairman of Autodesk, as chief executive of Yahoo!. The veterinary charity PDSA has launched a widget to...
- Profit up at tightlipped Yahoo. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;10/20/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 44, p4
The article offers information on the rise in net income and revenues of Yahoo! Inc. of 113 percent to 396 billion dollars and 2 percent to 1.6 billion dollars respectively in the last quarter of 2010 and discusses the statements given by the President and chief executive officer (CEO) Carol...
- Yahoo CEO Bartz fired over the phone, rocky run ends. // Flare (Pakistan);10/15/2011, p67
The article reports on the decision of Yahoo! Inc. chairman Roy Bostock to fire chief operating officer (CEO) Carol Bartz from her position over the phone to end the tenure that marked by stagnation and a rift with Chinese partner Alibaba.