Microsoft's Pain, Cloud's Gain?
- Central Jersey Posts Loss, Cites Revamp. Kline, Alan // American Banker;5/1/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 83, p5
The article reports on the financial health of Long Branch, New Jersey based Central Jersey Bancorp. The company is restructuring its balance sheet and lost $1,300,000 in the first quarter of 2007. The loss equals 15 cents per share. The bank's interest income, average cost of deposits and...
- Microsoft Makes It 4 In A Row. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;1/29/2016, pB02
7 The software maker's stock rose 5.35% for the week, its best since late Oct., after the company topped Wall Street views the fourth straight time. Microsoft's adjusted fiscal Q2 EPS climbed 9.9% to 78 cents, 7 cents above views. Revenue fell 2.9% to $25.69 bil amid its transformation to a...
- MICROSOFT. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/24/2015, pA02
The article reports on the decline in the earning per share on sales of computer technology company Microsoft in the third quarter (Q3) of 2015.
- LAYOFF COUNT. Florian, Ellen // Fortune;3/18/2002, Vol. 145 Issue 6, p32
Reports on layoffs in the U.S. in February, 2002. Job cuts at companies, such as Goodyear and Sprint; Rehire of flight attendants by United Airlines; Opinion that many employees may be rehired as the economy improves.
- It's Time to Take Off the Old Blinders. // National Real Estate Investor;Oct2007, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p6
The author reflects on the weak state of the economy and its potential effects on tenant demand in the U.S. He states that office vacancy continued to climb as the employment picture worsened. Despite the subprime meltdown that triggered a wave of corporate layoffs, the problem is considered to...
- Microsoft Beats Street With Enterprise Clout. Hernandez, Pedro // eWeek;10/24/2013, p1
The article reports on financial performance of Microsoft Corp. for the first quarter of its fiscal year 2014. It notes that Microsoft has generated revenue of $18.53 billion, a record for the company. It adds that the software company also reported a net income of $5.24 billion and earnings per...
- Microsoft stock surges higher on cloud business growth. PATRICK SEITZ // Investors Business Daily;4/24/2015, p00
The article offers information on the financial performance of American computer technology company Microsoft Corp. as of the third quarter (Q3) of 2014 and provides forecast for the first quarter (Q1) of 2015. Among the key indicators of the performance include earnings per share (EPS), revenue...
- Microsoft Misses Q4 Estimates, Takes $900M Charge on Surface RTs. Taft, Darryl K. // eWeek;7/18/2013, p11
The article discusses the failure of technology company Microsoft Corp. to attain analyst estimates of its fiscal fourth-quarter (Q4) 2013 earnings. The factors that contributed to the failure to attain expectations are tackled. Also discussed is the company's earning per share, as well as the...
- Microsoft EPS Falls But Beats. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/25/2014, pA01