Sony's Outlook Bleak
- Look Out for the Falling Greenback. Krebsbach, Karen // U.S. Banker;Feb2005, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the anticipation of the economists regarding the decline of the foreign exchange rate in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the decline; Actions taken by the government to prevent the economic crisis; Impact of the foreign debt on gross domestic product.
- Achieving Breakthrough Savings by Sourcing From Low-cost Countries. Beebe, Alan; Kumar, Anant; Nicholas, Jan // Electric Light & Power;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p26
The article focuses on the significance of strategic sourcing for the achievement of major cost savings in low cost countries. It mentions the efficacy of strategic sourcing in which direct impact lower procurement costs have on profitability and the short time required for implementation....
- VENEZUELA: BUSINESS FORECAST REPORT INCLUDES 10-YEAR FORECAST TO 2021. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2013 1st Quarter, Issue 1, p1
The article offers business forecasts in Venezuela for 2013-2020, including one on exchange rate, one on economic activity, and one on fiscal policy.
- The Flaws and Obsolescence of Product Forecasting. Sherman, Randall // Circuits Assembly;Mar2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p36
Bad forecasting naturally happens when false assumptions creep into the mix, and the problem can be magnified if numerous suppliers are involved, as is often the case when original equipment manufacturers, contract electronics manufacturers and retail or commercial distributors are all part of...
- THE IMPACT OF ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS ON EARNINGS FORECASTS. Stunda, Ronald A. // Accounting & Taxation;
Prior studies in the area of management forecasts contain a common characteristic, they make no distinction as to the economic cycle of the U.S. when assessing voluntary earnings disclosures. This research tests whether voluntary earnings disclosures released during periods of an economic...
- New Zealand Hotel Council. Langley, Jennie // Hotel & Accommodation Management;Feb2012, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p48
The article presents the author's views on expected performance of the hotel industry in 2012. She comments that due to an increased number of lower spend visitors from Australia, the key visitor market, average visitor length of stay and spend in 2012 are expected to remain below pre-global...
- EGYPT BUSINESS FORECAST REPORT: INCLUDES 10-YEAR FORECAST TO 2022. // Egypt Business Forecast Report;2013 3rd Quarter, Issue 3, preceding p1
The article discusses several topics which includes Egypt Business Forecast Reports, Balance of Payments and Exchange Rate Policy.
- BPO To Grow Despite Recession. // Siliconindia;Jul2009, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the anticipation that the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector will grow in 2010 despite the recession in 2009. The Nasscom-McKinsey perspective 2020 study indicated that the total market for the sector is $630 billion. It is noted that global sourcing would allow...
- Future of Indian Chemical Industry. Verma, S. S. // Chemical Business;Jan2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p17
The article discusses the future of the chemical sector in India. It is noted that the economic crisis and fall in consumption have affected the chemical industry. It is asserted that innovation in the industry is significant to sustaining profitability and its future. It is predicted that India...