Sony's Outlook Bleak
- Look Out for the Falling Greenback. Krebsbach, Karen // U.S. Banker;Feb2005, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the anticipation of the economists regarding the decline of the foreign exchange rate in the U.S. Factors that contributed to the decline; Actions taken by the government to prevent the economic crisis; Impact of the foreign debt on gross domestic product.
- Achieving Breakthrough Savings by Sourcing From Low-cost Countries. Beebe, Alan; Kumar, Anant; Nicholas, Jan // Electric Light & Power;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p26
The article focuses on the significance of strategic sourcing for the achievement of major cost savings in low cost countries. It mentions the efficacy of strategic sourcing in which direct impact lower procurement costs have on profitability and the short time required for implementation....
- VENEZUELA: BUSINESS FORECAST REPORT INCLUDES 10-YEAR FORECAST TO 2021. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2013 1st Quarter, Issue 1, p1
The article offers business forecasts in Venezuela for 2013-2020, including one on exchange rate, one on economic activity, and one on fiscal policy.
- The Flaws and Obsolescence of Product Forecasting. Sherman, Randall // Circuits Assembly;Mar2004, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p36
Bad forecasting naturally happens when false assumptions creep into the mix, and the problem can be magnified if numerous suppliers are involved, as is often the case when original equipment manufacturers, contract electronics manufacturers and retail or commercial distributors are all part of...
- THE IMPACT OF ECONOMIC FLUCTUATIONS ON EARNINGS FORECASTS. Stunda, Ronald A. // Accounting & Taxation;
Prior studies in the area of management forecasts contain a common characteristic, they make no distinction as to the economic cycle of the U.S. when assessing voluntary earnings disclosures. This research tests whether voluntary earnings disclosures released during periods of an economic...
- New Zealand Hotel Council. Langley, Jennie // Hotel & Accommodation Management;Feb2012, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p48
The article presents the author's views on expected performance of the hotel industry in 2012. She comments that due to an increased number of lower spend visitors from Australia, the key visitor market, average visitor length of stay and spend in 2012 are expected to remain below pre-global...
- EGYPT BUSINESS FORECAST REPORT: INCLUDES 10-YEAR FORECAST TO 2022. // Egypt Business Forecast Report;2013 3rd Quarter, Issue 3, preceding p1
The article discusses several topics which includes Egypt Business Forecast Reports, Balance of Payments and Exchange Rate Policy.
- Negative currency thoughts. Stammer, Don // BRW;10/30/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p24
Provides an outlook for exchange rates in Australia. Problems in forecasting exchange rates; Reasons to be negative about every exchange rate; Foreign exchange markets' treatment of Australian dollar; Impact of the rise in exchange rate on monetary policy.
- THE POSSIBILITY OF OUTSOURCING IN TERMS OF E-BUSINESS. Habul, Aida; Pilav-Velić, Amila // Conference Proceedings: International Conference of the Faculty ;2010, p1
The article discusses a study on the possibility of outsourcing with regards to electronic business. It explores the concept of outsourcing including its methods, advantages, disadvantages, and the features of outsourcing in e-business. It enumerates several trends of information technology...