eIQnetworks Secures $10 Million
- VC fund-raising falls in 2nd period. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p24
Reports on decline in the U.S. venture capital firms' fund-raising efforts in the second quarter of the year 2003. Companies which raised funds; Percentage decline in capital-raising for buyout and mezzanine funds.
- Venture capitalists rise again from the post-bubble rubble. Nelson, Pat // New Media Age;5/19/2005, p13
The article comments on the rise of venture capitalists (VC). VC have to seek a return on their investments for their clients and that route traditionally has been by flotation. Additional positive signs show that people are seeing the return of early-stage funding from VC internationally, with...
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;9/6/2006, Issue 2256, p18
The article focuses on the growth in venture capital (VC) funds in the U.S. With new U.S. VC funds closing at a record rate, the valuation of good deals is being inflated, and causing lower quality VCs to back me-too companies. It is stated that when a leading VC invests in a new area, the rest...
- Amid financial turmoil of '08, Michigan VC investment soars. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;2/2/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on venture capital (VC) activity in Michigan which had a standout year in 2008. Nationwide, VC investment tumbled 8.4 percent last year to a total of $28.3 billion, the first annual decline since 2003, while in Michigan it was up by 139 percent. Venture capitals invested a...
- State fund may fuel advanced energy growth. Soder, Chuck // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p3
The article presents information on the Energy Gateway Fund introduced by Ohio Governor Ted Strickland. The fund aims to distribute 30 million dollars in federal stimulus money and 10 million dollars from the Ohio Bipartisan Job Stimulus Plan to a few venture capital firms that commits to using...
- Reality check. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;6/14/2004, p52
Focuses on the raising of funds for unlisted venture capital companies. Discussion on investments of company shareholders; Information on corporate profitability; Details of factors to be considered by investors in funding, including the source of shares being issued by companies.
- CORPORATE VENTURING PERFORMANCE: AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE APPLICABILITY OF VENTURE CAPITAL MODELS. Birkinshaw, Julian; Hill, Susan A. // Academy of Management Proceedings;2003, pB1
Recent literature has asserted that adopting venture capital (VC) practices may enhance corporate venturing performance. A survey of 95 corporate venture units across three continents found only limited empirical support for this assertion. Of four VC practices investigated, only ...
- Sources of Funds and Investment Activities of Venture Capital Funds; Evidence from Germany, Israel, Japan, and the United Kingdom. // NBER Reporter;Spring2003 Supplement, p38
Presents a summary of the study 'Sources of Funds and Investment Activities of Venture Capital Funds; Evidence From Germany, Israel, Japan, and the United Kingdom,' by Colin Mayer, Koen Schoors, and Yishay Yafeh, presented at a conference sponsored by the National Bureau of Economic Research in...
- Semi VC Investment Up in 2003. // Electronic News;1/5/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 1, pN.PAG
Discusses venture capital investments in the semiconductor industry during 2003 in the U.S. Total amount raised by semiconductor companies in 2003; Decline in venture capital investing in the U.S.; Total amount raised by start-ups in 1998.