Qualcomm Scoops Up AMD Assets
- Advanced Micro Devices Lives Up to Its Name With Microserver Deal. Ellis, Stephen // Morningstar OpportunisticInvestor;Mar2012, p12
The article reports on the plan of Advanced Micro Devices to acquire SeaMicro, a supplier of super low-power servers.
- AMD to buy Alchemy Semiconductor. // RCR Wireless News;2/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p38
Reports on the plan of Advanced Micro Devices Inc. to acquire Alchemy Semiconductor. Products of Alchemy; Benefits of the merger.
- AMD Forms Microprocessor Business Unit. // Electronic News;4/28/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 17, pN.PAG
Reports the creation of a microprocessor business unit by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Inc. by the consolidation of units within its computation prodcuts group. Officers of the unit; Significance of the restructuring to AMD; Purpose of the unit.
- AMD sells handset, multimedia assets to Qualcomm for $65M. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News (10616624);1/26/2009, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the agreement made between Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD) and Qualcomm Inc. over a multimedia asset which is owned by AMD in the U.S. It says that Qualcomm Inc. has agreed to pay $35 million for certain graphics and multimedia technology assets which is intellectual...
- Qualcomm pays $32M to buy behavior recognition tech firm. // RCR Wireless News;3/17/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the acquisition by Qualcomm Inc. of Xiam Technologies Ltd. Xiam said its technology recognizes a mobile device user's behavior and usage patterns. Qualcomm said there is a recognized need in the industry to help consumers find content, and it believes solutions like Xiam's...
- Qualcomm buys OFDM firm. // Electronics Weekly;8/17/2005, Issue 2206, p1
This article reports that Qualcomm Inc. has agreed to pay $600m to acquire Flarion Technologies, the U.S. inventor of Flash-OFDM mobile broadband technology and a developer of OFDMA technology.
- Qualcomm pays $32M for content-targeting software maker. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;3/17/2008, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p9
This article reports on the acquisition of content-targeting software Xiam Technologies Ltd. by Qualcomm Inc. The deal gives Qualcomm Xiam's My Personal Offers System technology, which profiles an individual consumer and makes personalized recommendations, such as one-to-one mobile advertising,...
- Qualcomm Inc. Acquires Software Company in R.B. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;8/28/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of Qualphone Inc., which specializes in software for mobile devices, by wireless technology firm Qualcomm Inc. in San Diego, California. Qualphone is managed by its president and CEO Isaac Eteminan and has offices in Rancho Bernardo. The acquired company...
- M&A Takes the Day As Buyers Step Forward. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/31/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 30, p4
The article discusses the increase of the mergers and acquisition (MA). In the global deals, there is $41 million deals announced, including the biggest buyout in history. According to Thomson Financial Inc., the torrid pace of the deals brought the year-to-date global MA volume to $2.4...