FCC Calls Out Comcast on Net Neutrality
- At the Portals:. // CableFAX Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 155, p1
The article reports on the support of the National Cable Television Association to the plans of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to extend USF obligations to interconnected Voice Over Internet Protocol providers. The association, however, believes that the FCC should change its...
- On Hold: Comcast Delays VoIP Launch. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);3/10/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p32
Focuses on the Internet Protocol telephone service of the cable industry in the U.S. Reason for the delay of the telephony business of Comcast; Comment from executives of Comcast.
- California Win for Cable. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;10/8/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p22
The article informs that the cable operators of California has won a legislative victory and highlights that the legislation will allow the cable operators to invest in Internet Protocol (IP) based services like voice over Internet protocol.
- Sizing Up the Competition. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/4/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 17, p38
The author discusses the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) stand on the decision of Comcast to withdraw from the Time Warner Cable deal and its impact on the cable and broadband network industry.
- Comcast Fights Ownership Limits. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;2/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p35
The article reports on the fight of Comcast Corp. (CC) against the cable-ownership limits which were set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. CC is said as the only cable operator who worries that a transaction involving cable subscribers could create an impact into cable...
- Forecasting Phone Gains at Comcast. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p82
This article reports on the sales forecast for Philadelphia-based cable operator Comcast Corp. for the second quarter of 2006. According to several analysts, Comcast is expected to add 175,000 to 275,000 voice-over-Internet protocol telephony customers in the period and that performance for the...
- Phones Now 'Rocket Engine' of Growth. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to strengthen its digital voice offering in 2006. Reason for the move of the company; Reaction of Wall Street investors to the plan of the company; Projections of the company on the growth of digital voice or VoIP market in the U.S.; Explanation on the impact...
- Peering into the future. Taaffe, Joanne // Total Telecom Magazine;Sep2007, p22
The article explores the possible impact of next-generation telecommunication networks. Next-generation networks will lead to the demise of incumbents' switched voice interconnect regimes. But although the move to all-IP networks is looming, there is still no agreement across Europe on what...
- AT&T Seeks Freedom at FCC. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p34
The article reports on the request of AT&T Inc. to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to eliminate regulations applicable to cable companies. The primary concern for the firm is the elimination of the franchise requirement and rules regarding Internet Protocol video services. AT&T...