PC Chip Slaughter to Continue, Forecast Says
- Return of the PC. // PC FAB;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p12
Deals with the recovery of personal computer sales in 2002, according to market research firms International Data Corp. and Gartner Research. Outlook for computer shipments; Factors which contribute to the recovery of computer sales.
- Worldwide Smartphone Growth Expected to Slow in 2015. // 2.5G-5G;Sep2015, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p15
The article highlights the forecast of International Data Corp. (IDC) regarding the likely slowdown in the growth of worldwide smartphone shipments in 2015. Topics covered include the mature growth pattern in China, North America, and Western Europe, the impact of steady fall of average selling...
- PC Sales Forecast: Will Windows 8 End the Slump? Reisinger, Don // CIO Insight;9/6/2012, p1
The article offers the author's view on the impact of mobile devices such as tablet computers on the sales of personal computers (PCs). He mentions that the devices cannibalize microcomputer marketing which also affect the corporate world based from the report of research firm International Data...
- Double-Digit PC Growth Through 2005, IDC Says. // Electronic News;3/15/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Relates the PC market forecast reported by IDC as of March 2004. Double-digit PC growth through 2005; Estimated PC sales between 2004 and 2008; Expected growth in shipment value; State of PC market recovery according to IDC executive Loren Loverde.
- Smaller computers require less plastic. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;1/10/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p12
This article reports that in the computer and business equipment market, unit sales may be growing, but products themselves are using less plastic resin. International Data Corp. (IDC) forecasts global sales of 130.5 million desktop computers during 2005 vs.122.7 million last year. For portable...
- Netbooks Brighten PC Sales Outlook. Davis, Jessica // Channel Insider;6/11/2009, p1
The article presents a forecast on personal computer (PC) sales worldwide. Accordingly, worldwide PC shipments declined by 6.8 percent in the first quarter of 2009, which is 1.4 percent better than previously forecasted, however, it is still the biggest drop since 2001. The International Data...
- Intel Sees PC Sales Slump Too. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/16/2015, pB02
10 The world's top chipmaker slashed nearly $1 bil from its Q1 sales forecast to $12.8 bil amid declining demand for PCs and servers, its main revenue source. Analysts were expecting $13.5 bil. IDC cut its '15 global PC market forecast to a 4.9% fall from a 3.3% drop.
- Intel sales push Q2 MPU market rebound, but uncertainty remains for Q3. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News (10616624);8/10/2009, Vol. 55 Issue 31, p6
The article reports on the sales performance of Intel Corp. and OEM Inc. for the second quarter of 2009. It states that the overall personal computer (PC) processor shipments of Intel increased 12.5 percent from the first quarter. However, it notes that despite of the increase depicted in the...
- Double-Digit PC Unit Growth Coming in Q1, Gartner Says. // Electronic News;2/23/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Predicts the growth of the worldwide personal computer (PC) market in the first quarter of 2004, according to Gartner Inc. Factors that will influence the growth; Percentage increase of PC sales; Project PC shipments for the year 2004.