No Stimulus for Wireless Startups
- BROADBAND: GRANT APPLICATION WINDOWS ARE OPEN. OPSAHL, ANDY // Government Technology;May2009, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p24
The article reports on the schedule of funding windows that should be remembered by local governments vying for a part of the $7.2 billion in broadband stimulus. It is discussed that applications will be accepted from April to June 2009. The other application windows presented are from October...
- Focus on Main Street First. Brotman, Stuart N. // Multichannel News;2/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p21
In this article the author discusses the national broadband plan that will be presented to Congress by the U.S. Federal Communication Commission. He states that the plan is mandated by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. He suggest that broadband needs to be more than a side conversation...
- Funding for Broadband Infrastructure Deployment In the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2009 Q1, Special section p1
The article discusses the major features of the broadband deployment provisions in the U.S. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. It notes that a $4.7 billion Broadband Technology Opportunities Program (BTOP) has been created by the Act. Also cited is that the National Telecommunications and...
- WHY DID THE AMERICAN RECOVERY AND REINVESTMENT ACT (ARRA) FAIL-- OR DID IT? Reid, L. Jan // European Journal of Management;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p12
The United States Congress approved the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) on February 13, 2009. U.S. President Barack Obama signed the bill into law on February 17, 2009. ARRA was passed in response to widespread fears that the United States was in danger of slipping into a...
- Progress on Broadband Adoption in Rural America. Barnes, James N.; Coatney, Kalyn // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;2015 1st Quarter, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the status of the broadband adoption in rural America. The decision of the U.S. Congress in 2009 to direct the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to develop a National Broadband Plan (NBP) is discussed. Information on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)...
- MTA tax on track. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;6/29/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the impacts of the added provision on the supplemental appropriations bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate to Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA). Representative John Hall who has helped insert the provision says that MTA will be allowed to use $110...
- Eye on the Stimulus: Stimulus Spending Update: $324 Billion of Recovery Act Funds Spent. Jones, Sebastian // Pro Publica;3/28/2010, p25
The article offers information on the 324 billions dollars spent in stimulus funds of Recovery Act of U.S. by the U.S. government.
- With Stimulus, Wisconsin's No Longer Losing Funding Game. Zweifel, Dave // Progressive Populist;10/15/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p7
This article discusses the state of public spending in Wisconsin following the release of the U.S. stimulus package.
- Eye on the Stimulus: Stimulus Spending Update: Nearly 41% of Funds Out the Door. Jones, Sebastian // Pro Publica;4/ 4/2010, p3
The article offers information on the stimulus spending that reached upto 327 billion dollars under the Recovery Act of the U.S.