BlackBerry Maker Trims Outlook
- San Diego Magazine Publisher Heads for Riviera. // San Diego Business Journal;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p12
The article presents information on the financial performance of Qualcomm Inc. In the quarter ended March 27, 2005 Qualcomm's net income was $532 million, or 31 cents per share, on revenue of $1.37 billion. The company has grown. Net income in the year-ago quarter was $488 million on revenue of...
- Retailers Warn On Profits As Discounts Hit Margins. MARILYN MUCH // Investors Business Daily;1/ 9/2014, p00
Retailers are slashing holiday earnings forecasts as heavy discounting to boost sales came at the expense of profit margins. The warnings raise a red flag for the retail industry this year.
- BlackBerry Bruised on iPhone Concerns. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;6/26/2008, p5
The article reports on the decrease in the price of Research In Motion's (RIM) stock at Nasdaq after the company forecasted second-quarter of 2008 earnings lower than analyst expectations. RIM estimated that its stocks will be priced at 84 cents a share in the second quarter. Such estimates made...
- RIM enjoys another strong quarter, Spring expected
to sell BlackBerrys. // RCR Wireless News;4/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p18
Reports on the corporate profits posted by Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM) for the fourth quarter of 2003. Factors that continued to drive RIM in the fourth quarter; Net income of the company; Forecasted first quarter 2004 revenue of the company.
- RIM Ups Revenue, Lowers Expections. // Wireless Week;10/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p7
Focuses on the lower revenue forecast of Research in Motion (RIM) Ltd. for its fiscal second quarter which will end in December 2001. Revenue increase and losses posted by the company in its second fiscal quarter in 2001; Information on the Blackberry service of RIM.
- An Investigation Of The Impact Of Degree Of IFRS Implementation On The Comparative Accuracy And Bias Of Equity Securities Analysts East And West European Firms Earnings Forecasts. Djatej, Arsen; Gao, Grace; Sarikas, Robert H.S.; Senteney, David L. // Journal of Applied Business Research;2008 4th Quarter, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p65
This research investigates the comparative impact of country specific degree of IFRS implementation upon the accuracy and bias of West European and East European firms equity securities analysts earnings forecasts for 29 European countries 12 of which are characterized as being East European. We...
- Egypt to record fastest mobile growth. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/6/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 27, p27
The article reports on the forecasted increase in the revenue of Egyptian mobile operators in 2012 according to research conducted by consultancy firm Analysys. It predicts that the proportion of people with mobiles will increase from 25 percent to 65 percent. Analysys projects that the average...
- Asia-Pacific Mobile Operators Can Create New Revenue Streams with Direct Operator Billing. // MobilePaymentsToday.com White Papers & Special Reports;2013, p11
The article discusses a report by technology research firm Gartner, Inc. which predicts that global mobile transaction volume and value to average 42% annual growth by 2016 and forecast a market worth 617 billion U.S. dollars with 448 million users by 2016. Topics discussed include prediction...
- Nokia Warns Q1 EPS will Fall Short. // Electronic News;4/12/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 15, pN.PAG
Reports on the warning by mobile phone company Nokia Corp. for its investors that its 2004 first quarter earnings will fall short of analysts' expectations, partly as a result of declining phone sales in Europe and Asia. Estimated net sales for the quarter; Reason that mobile phone sales...