Google Unwraps Smart Power Meter
- Energy Storage: The Next Step in the Electric Power Value Chain. Baxter, Richard // POWERGRID International;Oct2012, Vol. 17 Issue 10, Special section p3
The article focuses on how energy storage initiatives will improve the efficiency, reliability, and security of the U.S. electricity transmission grid. Without storage, industries will be required to develop and maintain an entire delivery network capable of meeting the highest peak of the year....
- Southern grid transfer to treble by FY20. // Electrical Monitor;Jan2016, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the large increase of the electric transfer capacity to south India from 5,800 megawatt (mw) to around 18,000 mw by fiscal year 20 due to several transmission systems projects in the area.
- Global Industry Overview. // United States Power Report;2011, p8
The article provides an overview of the 2011 global power outlook. It states that the global electricity consumption and generation are expected to grow significantly with a wide variation of trends by fuel source and notes on carbon capture and storage (CCS) technology considered as the key...
- ZAMBIA: POWER REPORT. // Zambia Power Report;2013 2nd Quarter, Issue 2, p1
The article presents an outlook on the condition of the power industry in Zambia up to 2022. Topics include a forecast of total electricity generation in the country from 2011-2016, a long-term outlook of total electricity consumption from 2017-2022, and anticipated electric power transmission...
- Google's secret thirst for power. Jacklet, Ben // Oregon Business Magazine;Aug2010, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p15
The article reports on the electricity consumption by the data center of Google Inc. based in Dalles, Oregon.
- PJM Board Approves Nearly $1 Billion in Electric Transmission Upgrades to Keep Power Flowing. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;12/6/2012, p3
The article reports on the approval by the PJM Board of additional electric transmission upgrades to maintain reliability power supplies.
- Near-record heat brings near-record power load. // Business Journal (Central New York);8/2/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p5
Deals with the prediction of the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) for electric loads in New York City in August 2002. Importance of energy conservation; Success of its demand-response program for electricity; Background of NYISO.
- CALIFORNIA POWER CRISIS IMPACTING GREEN POWER MARKET. // Worldwide Energy;Mar2001, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p6
Presents an overview of California's energy crisis and its effect on green power market in 2001.
- Major electricity shortages threatened next year. // Modern Power Systems;Nov98, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p9
Reports on the electricity shortage threat in Namibia. Namibian government's planned interconnection with the South African grid.