Sega to Cut Jobs
- Severance policies. Fenn, Donna // Inc.;Jul96, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p92
Presents data about severance pay. How downsizing affects small companies as well as large ones; Percentage of small companies that have a severance policy; Severance calculations; Percentage of companies that paid severance pay to executive employees, exempt employees, and nonexempt employees.
- Weakening Economy Forces Employers To Examine Their Severance Policies. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Aug2001, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p28
Deals with a study on the downsizing of companies in the United States due to the declining economy. Statistical data on the downsizing efforts of companies; Information on the severance policies of the surveyed companies; Recommendations regarding the severance policies of companies.
- THE SCOPE AND NATURE OF THE LABOR TURNOVER PROBLEM. Slichter, Sumner H. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Feb20, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p329
The article focuses on the issue of definition and computation of labor turnover in the U.S. In the Rochester Conference of Employment Managers, it was stated that the turnover embraces all separations in a force irrespective of cause. Employment managers have divided the turnover into three...
- Stahl resigns as Revlon chief amid cuts of jobs, Vital Radiance line. // Drug Store News;10/9/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p8
The article reports on the resignation of Jack Stahl as president and CEO of Revlon Inc. amidst job cuts in the company in the U.S. A week after the company announced that chief financial officer David Kennedy will replace Stahl, the cosmetics maker has announced that it will halt its Vital...
- managing in the new millennium. Buhler, Patricia M. // Supervision;Jan2002, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p14
Discusses the downsizing strategy of companies. Disadvantages of the downsizing strategy; Information on severance packages offered by companies to laid-off employees; Significance of employee involvement and commitment to a company.
- Fading tenure. // PC Week;9/30/96, Vol. 13 Issue 39, pE3
Tells that severance pay for midlevel executives is on the rise. Reason for the increase.
- Managing employee separations with the reward system. Balkin, David B. // Executive (19389779);Nov1992, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p64
While executives in many companies find it necessary to reduce the size of their workforces, some are starting to rethink their approach. Instead of forcing certain employees deemed redundant to quit, more participative approaches are now being used to influence certain employees to leave the...
- MJD Interactive Builds App for Sega Game Promo at Comic-Con. WEBB, MARION // San Diego Business Journal;7/21/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p6
The article offers information on the development of development of new software application by San Diego-based digital advertising agency MJD Interactive enlisted by video game maker, Sega for participation in the Comic-Con International 2014 for promoting new video game "Alien: Isolation."
- How to: resign with dignity. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/30/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4638, p38
The article offers suggestions on how to resign from a job with dignity.