Ireland: Electric Car Hub
- Citizens push for clean air. Nguyen, Ngoc // National Catholic Reporter;9/19/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 28, p10
The article reports on the move by a number of youth to rally in front of City Hall of Portola district of San Francisco, California, in order to resolve the increasing level of traffic pollution in the southern communities of the Excelsior, Portola, Visitacion Valley and the Bayview. People...
- BUS REPRIEVE? Greenberg, David // Orange County Business Journal;4/5/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p19
Reports on the plan of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) to consider relaxing its standards to allow transit agencies to purchase diesel-hybrid fleets. Remarks from Jerry Martin, CARB spokesman, regarding the matter; Overview of hybrid buses; Desire of the U.S. Natural Resources Defense...
- Letters. Downey, Kyle; Lockyer, Bill; Marcmann, David; Kelwala, Surendra; Shumavon, Sherrie; Beardsley, Peter B. // U.S. News & World Report;6/5/2006, Vol. 140 Issue 21, p6
Letters to the editor respond to articles from previous issues including "Loading the Pork Train" from May 29, 2006, "Spies Among Us" from May 8, 2006, "What Dreams Are Made Of" and "Drivers Try Downsizing" from May 15, 2006.
- Denver fleet adds four Freightliner hybrids. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2010, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p170
The article reports that four Freightliner Business Class M2 106 Hybrid trucks have been added by the Denver Fleet Management Division as replacements for the older units that were part of the city's fleet of vehicles.
- Classroom on wheels. Keebler, Jack // Automotive News;6/12/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5609, p55
Reports on the 1995 Hybrid Electric Vehicle Challenge held in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Combination of electric propulsion system with internal combustion engines; Carmakers' search for young talents.
- Hybrid electric trucks to be tested. // Overdrive;Dec97, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p94
Reports on progress of various manufacturers in developing hybrid electric trucks. Features of the hybrid electric concept vehicles developed by Navistar International Corp. in partnership with Lockheed Martin; Volvo's commercial tests of eco-friendly hybrid trucks.
- Exposing hybrid vehicles. Prellwitz, John // UWM Post (Milwaukee, WI);10/4/2010, p7
The article presents a blog on hybrid electric vehicles.
- Correction. // Futurist;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p4
A correction to the article "The Hybrid Phenomenon," by Norma Carr-Ruffino and John Acheson that was published in the July-August 2007 issue is presented.
- Selling hybrid, low polluting cars. // In Business;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p10
Announces that Toyota Motor Corporation would be the first company to sell a low polluting hybrid vehicle that would have both an electric motor and a gasoline engine. Capability of the hybrid vehicles; Cost of the hybrid vehicles.