DISH Network Unwraps Slingbox DVR
- GIZMO DOWNLOAD. // Multichannel News;9/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p26
The article offers brief information on the portable satellite system Tailgater from Dish Network Corp.
- Pay TV Gets More Portable. Brown, Karen; Moss, Linda; Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;3/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the plan of Sling Media to begin marketing software that will enable pay-television customers to throw their cable or satellite TV programming across wireless networks onto handheld devices and cellular telephones that use Windows operating system. Development of portable media...
- Dish Network appoints country manager for Puerto Rico. LÓPEZ, ALEXANDER // Caribbean Business;10/18/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 41, p48
The article offers updates on the developments of Dish Puerto Rico which was officially launched by Dish Network Corp in 2010 . It mentions the appointment of Reynaldo Pagani to assume the role as country manager in the region. It highlights the introduction of Hopper, the most advanced...
- CHARLIE ERGEN, THE DISRUPTER. Poggi, Jeanine // Advertising Age;12/3/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 43, p20
The article focuses on Charlie Ergen, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the satellite television broadcasting company Dish Network. Dish's introduction of AutoHop, technology which allows television viewers to remove commercials from programs they are recording on digital video recorders, is...
- Dish Averts STELA Carriage Mandate. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;8/2/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p20
The article reports on the move of Dish Network Corp. to avoid the expedited noncommercial, high-definition station-carriage mandate in the newly reauthorized satellite distant blanket license law called the Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act (STELA) in which it forces the company...
- A Dish also served online. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;8/25/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the online video portal unveiled by Dish Network Corp. to give access to its satellite subscribers live and recorded shows, films and additional content to make content available online.
- MOBILE DISRUPTOR. // Total Telecom+;Feb2013, p4
The article discusses the impact of the move by U.S. satellite television provider Dish Network to lodge a 3.30-U.S. dollar-per-share offer for Clearwire on the telecommunication side of the industry.
- Sprint and DISH to Trial Fixed Wireless Broadband Service. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Dec2013, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p14
The article informs that the telecommunications firm Sprint Corp. and the satellite television service provider DISH Network Corp. are planning to jointly deploy a fixed wireless broadband service, on a trial basis, in Corpus Christi, Texas, which is going to be available in the middle of 2014.
- ESPN and Disney/ABC Television Group Launch WATCH Authenticated Products to DISH Customers. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
The article announces that DISH Network Corporation, a provider of quality satellite television programming, and Walt Disney Company, an American, diversified multinational mass media firm, has made available the WATCH ABC, WATCH ABC Family, WATCH Disney Channel, WATCH Disney XD and Watch ESPN.