Private Equity Tanks
- ONE WEEK IN SEPTEMBER. Saunders, Andrew // Management Today;Nov2008, p39
The article examines the business environment as it shows the most dramatic financial crisis in a generation. It was triggered by the collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. wherein the credit crunch became orders of magnitude more severe morphing to a full-scale financial crisis. It is also...
- THE REGION. // Caribbean Update;Dec2008, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p1
This section offers news briefs in the Caribbean region. As the financial crisis ruins vacation plans, hoteliers and governments increase marketing efforts and slash prices as hotel bookings in the Caribbean decreases. Developers were forced to fire 500 workers and suspend construction at an...
- CEO: Lehman may exit bankruptcy by early '11. Tong, Vinnee // Buffalo Law Journal;1/19/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p15
The article reports on the statement given by Bryan Marsal, Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.'s new chief executive officer, regarding the possibility that the company's bankruptcy case would be finished within 18 to 24 months in the U.S. It notes that the company has already sold key assets...
- Lehman Creditors Draft Their Own Payment Plan. // American Banker;4/6/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 53, p16
The article discusses a plan put forth by creditors of bankrupt investment bank Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. to satisfy claims against the bank.
- Lehman Gets Approval for Final Phase of Bankruptcy. // American Banker;12/7/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 188, p11
The article discusses Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.'s bankruptcy and the defunct securities firm's liquidation plan that was approved by U.S. Bankruptcy Judge James Peck.
- PAULSON'S COMPLAINT. Thomas, Evan; Hirsh, Michael; Smalley, Suzanne; Philips, Matthew; Summers, Nick // Newsweek;5/25/2009, Vol. 153 Issue 21, p52
This article examines criticisms against former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Hank Paulson. Paulson allowed the financial services company Lehman Brothers to declare bankruptcy in September, 2008, which some critics believe instigated the global financial crisis. Paulson's antagonistic...
- Simple solutions. // Money Marketing;1/18/2012, p8
The article presents an interview with Anil Stocker, who is co-founder and director of MarketInvoice.com. He says that his first job was working for a private equity fund owned by Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. He further says that quitting his job to co-found MarketInvoice has been the highlight...
- Lehman Brothers launches private equity fund. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;12/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p2
Reports that Lehman Brothers Inc. has launched private equity fund named Global Communications Fund. Money raised by the company for the fund; Contents of the company's charter; Investment by the company in network and device industry.
- It's back to the future, as public subsidies fill the gap. // Estates Gazette;9/13/2008, Issue 836, p37
The article states that one of the points made to justify Lehman's optimism towards property is that the U.S. government cannot afford to let the housing market tank much further: the measures to prevent that will act as a defibrillator for commercial lending as well. Some of the public cash...