Group Asks Obama for $30B Tech Stimulus
- Obama's Broadband Punt. Mascarenhas, Alan // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);12/20/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 25, p2
The author laments the circumspect approach of U.S. President Barack Obama regarding broad band expansion in the U.S. in view of a meager 7 billion U.S. dollar to broadband stimulus. According to the author Obama's National Broadband Plan fails the test of short term stimulus and undersells the...
- Obama's Broadband Punt. Mascarenhas, Alan // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);12/20/2010 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 156 Issue 25, p2
The article discusses the position of the U.S. broadband service sector compared to other countries. It cites reasons why the U.S. lags behind other countries such as South Korea and Japan in broadband performance such as lack of government pressure on the telecommunications industry. It...
- A Revitalized FCC Is Broadband Bound. Fischer, Raymond L. // USA Today Magazine;Nov2009, Vol. 138 Issue 2774, p22
The author explores the plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to expand the nationwide use of broadband. He discusses the internal improvements and plans of the FCC for broadband as backed by President Barack Obama. He offers an overview of the challenging agenda of the FCC...
- BANDWIDTH. Ash, Katie // Digital Directions;Spring/Summer2009, p28
The article reports on the role of the $787 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act signed by U.S. President Barack Obama in February 2009 in raising the Internet speed limit for many schools. Under the stimulus package, $7.2 billion was allotted to boost broadband in underserved areas....
- The next steps in US broadband. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Sep2009, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the grants process outlined by the National Telecommunications and Information Administration for the first round of broadband grants amounting to 4 billion dollars passed under the stimulus package of President Barack Obama. It states that broadband access has severely...
- The next steps in US broadband. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;Sep2009, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p277
The article focuses on the grants process outlined by the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information for the first round of broadband grants under the stimulus package. The 7.2 billion dollar grants allocated by President Barack Obama is being targeted to underserved and unserved areas in...
- Progressives' sound of silence. Young, John // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/3/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 31, p3A
In this article the author discusses aspects of the stimulus act of 2009 by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama during the global financial crisis and the stand of progressive politicians regarding the bill.
- Readers disappointed in Obama's latest jobs plan. // njbiz;9/19/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p15
The article discusses the results of a survey conducted on "NJBIZ" subscribers which show that an overwhelming majority are dissatisfied with U.S. President Barack Obama's job stimulus plans.
- Claiming Political Credit. Penza, Logan // Moderate Voice;8/17/2010, p7
The article offers the author's insight on the order of the White House to label all projects funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act with a sign that will credit U.S. President Barack Obama.