RTEV Applying for $15M Loan
- Tesla's $5 Billion Gigafactory in Reno-Sparks Area Expected to Boost Construction Industry. // Electrical Marketing;9/5/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 17, p1
The article reports on the plan of electric car manufacturer Tesla to build a factory worth five billion dollars in Reno-Sparks, Nevada and its advantages to local construction companies. Topics covered include the selection of a site in Tahoe Reno Industrial Center, capacity of the facility to...
- Construction. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/21/2015, Vol. 275 Issue 17, p7
The article offers several news briefs related to construction as of December 21, 2015. Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval who announced a deal to build an electric car factory north of Las Vegas. Dodge Momentum Index which fell for nonresidential building projects entering into planning stage that...
- Briefs. // Automotive Industries;Apr97, Vol. 177 Issue 4, p36
Reports that Fiat will build a plant to produce Palio-based pickups and vans in Brazil.
- Green = lean. Brooks, Glenn // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p50
The article discusses reduced energy consumption as a priority for manufacturers and Tier suppliers in the global quest to go green technology. It features India's Reva Electric Car Company (RECC) which already exports zero-emission electric cars to 24 countries and is building one of the lowest...
- Twists and Turns Toward LEDs. Tarricone, Paul // Lighting Design & Application;Aug2012, p49
The article discusses the architectural design of the manufacturing plant of automobile company Volkswagenwerk located in Chattanooga, Tennessee which uses light emitting diodes (LEDs) for their lighting.
- Auto Sector Expands on Hybrid, Electric Cars. Gregerson, John // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/1/2011, Vol. 267 Issue 4, p12
This article reports on the plan of the U.S. automotive industry to expand the manufacturing of hybrid and electric vehicles by 2015. The industry announced the plan as the administration of President Barack Obama aims to provide federal loans and grants to accelerate construction of...
- DCX announces 2 plants, calls 1 a 'maybe'. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;10/21/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6008, p3
Reports the construction of manufacturing plants by DaimlerChrysler AG in the U.S. Production of commercial vans; Need for government assistance; Investments of the company.
- Toyota decides to restart Mississippi plant. // Knoxville Automotive Report;Jul2010, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p13
The article reports on the plan of the Tokyo, Japan-based automaker Toyota Motor Corp. to restart the delayed construction of its automotive plant in Blue Springs, Mississippi which will provide 2,000 jobs and will function fall 2011.
- Toyota to build 3rd plant in Brazil. // Knoxville Automotive Report;Aug2010, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the plan of automobile company Toyota Motor Corp. to build a third automobile factory in Brazil in an effort to meet the demand in Latin America.