Is Health Care Tech's Recession Bonanza?
- Health care reforms emphasize quality, outcomes and research. // Ocular Surgery News;4/25/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p15
The article reveals that the health care reforms and funding initiatives of the Obama administration are aimed at improving outcomes and quality through the use of health care information technology, quality incentives and research, according to policy expert William more head-to-head clinical...
- Ready for Takeoff. Raths, David // Healthcare Informatics;Jun2009, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p64
The article reports on the technology transition of Siemens Healthcare from product line Invision to Soarian, a Web information technology (IT) platform. Janet Dillione, chief executive officer (CEO) of Siemens Healthcare, commented on the technology transition. The company has also acquired...
- Homing In on the Medical Home. Prewitt, Edward // HealthLeaders Magazine;Feb2012, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p57
The article discusses the highlights of the 2011 roundtable on the topic of patient-centered medical home (PCMH), which was hosted by Saint Joseph Health System in Orange, California. Saint Jude Medical Center's president Lee Penrose explained the essential elements of a PCMH. Saint Joseph...
- EDI Accreditor Adopts 2010 Criteria. Goedert, Joseph // Health Data Management;Mar2010, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p26
The article reports on the adoption of 2010 criteria for nine accreditation programs for transaction processors and other service providers by the Electronic HealthcareNetwork Accreditation Commission.
- Using knowledge management to make health systems work. Bailey, Christopher // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2003, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p777
Comments on the importance of knowledge management through the use of information technology for the improvement of health systems worldwide. Developments on the relations between information technology and health sectors; Problems seen on the distribution of health knowledge to different areas...
- Health care information technology a primitive affair. Zigelman, Michael D. // Physician Executive;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on factors hampering the application of information technology on medical information. Disappointment by medical executives over the cost-effectiveness of information technology; Strategies necessary to reconcile fundamental processes in information technology for medical management.
- E-Health care resources. Sasenick, Susan M. // Physician Executive;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p39
Presents information sources on the use of information technology for the purposes of managing and processing medical information. Includes the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society; Courses on medical informatics; Books.
- Health Information Technology: On The Fast Track At Last? DENTZER, SUSAN // Health Affairs;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p320
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about changes in the overall health information technology (IT) environment, another by Carleen Hawn on how a small but growing corps of clinicians are tapping into social-media tools such as Facebook to communicate...
- leveraging HIPAA to improve IT planning. Amatayakul, Margaret // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2003, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p88
Focuses on the development and implementation of information technology (IT) plans in the U.S. health care setting. Use of HIPAA to leverage IT planning; Process of IT planning; Challenges in IT implementation. INSET: WHAT ARE CFOs THINKING?.