2008 Legacy: Fewest IPOs in 3 Decades
- VCs Exit Fewer Investments Via IPOs in First Quarter. Colter, Allison Bisbey // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/4/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p35
The article reports that initial public offerings (IPOs) by venture capital-backed companies slowed in the first quarter of 2011 over the previous quarter based on the Exit Poll study from Thomson Reuters and the National Venture Capital Association. Fourteen venture capital -backed IPOs valued...
- Venture-Capital-Backed IPOs In Q1 Hit Two-Year Low. BRIAN DEAGON // Investors Business Daily;4/6/2015, p00
The article reports on the slow initial public offerings (IPOs) of companies which receive venture-capital fund as of the first quarter (Q1) of 2015. A report from financial data company Thomson Reuters and National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) states that 17 public companies have less...
- IPOs, M&As were few in first quarter. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;4/6/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p2
The article reports that numbers of initial public offerings (IPOs) or mergers and acquisitions involving venture-capital backed companies reduced drastically in the first quarter of 2009. It was revealed in a report by the National Venture Capital Association. The report came out with findings...
- VC-Backed IPOs Hit a Brick Wall. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;4/1/2008, p2
The article discusses the Exit Poll study conducted by Thomson Financial and the National Venture Capital Association in 2007. It shows that investors who are described as fretful closed the initial public offering window for venture-backed companies in the first quarter. Findings reveal a steep...
- $7B Flow of Venture Investments Eases Prolonged Dry Spell. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;4/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p5
The article reports that more than seven billion dollars was invested into 36 venture funds in 2011 which is 76% above the dollars used in the first quarter of 2010 according to the report from the National Venture Capital Association and Thomson Reuters Corp.
- State VC investment value up nearly 100% from 2013. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;2/2/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p2
The article reports on the 2014 venture capital (VC) investment growth in Michigan, according to data prepared by mass media firm Thomson Reuters and published by the National Venture Capital Association and professional services network PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Software M&A Seen Staying Hot Even With Slowing IPO Market. PETE BARLAS // Investors Business Daily;11/7/2014, pA04
Investors don't necessarily flock together when it comes to software investments.
- Startup Acquisitions Hit Ten-Year Low. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;7/1/2009, p2
This article reports that acquisitions of startups have dropped to the lowest level in 10 years, according to the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA). In the second quarter of 2009, 59 companies got acquired or merged which reflects a 30% drop. Initial public offerings (IPOs) were issued...
- VCs Breathe Easier After Passage of Dodd-Frank. Colter, Allison Bisbey // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/22/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 39, p1
The article offers information on how the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) should define venture capital fund through rulemaking in the U.S. in 2010. The National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) is not telling how the SEC should define venture capital funds, except to tell how it...