Amazon Offers Casual Games
- DROP EVERYTHING & DOWNLOAD. // Stuff;Nov2015, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p37
The article offers information on the Prime Instant Video download services offered by electronic commerce company Amazon.com Inc.
- Amazon OKs Prime downloads. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/2/2015, pA02
The article reports that American electronic commerce company Amazon.com Inc. has decided to allow members of its Prime service to download selected films and television programs using Android and iOS devices and view them offline.
- Amazon Readies Pay Per View. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;5/28/2008, p2
This article reports on the plan of Amazon.com to launch a pay-per-view streaming movie service in the U.S. in 2008. Amazon founder and chief executive officer (CEO) Jeff Bezos offered no details on the system, but said it would start instantly. Bezos said he is very serious about the music and...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Macworld;Feb2008, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p33
The article offers business-related news briefs in the U.S. The study of Nemertes Research Group company reveals that consumer and corporate use of Internet could result to brownout in two years, unless a $137 Internet access infrastructure will be constructed. Amazon.com Inc. has released...
- Amazon: No Comment on Unbox. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/29/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the profitability of the Unbox download service of Amazon.com. Unbox features movie titles from major studios such as Universal Pictures and Warner Bros. The company reported a 26 percent increase in media sales in the second quarter of 2007, amounting to $923 million....
- UNBOX HAS 'PROM QUEEN' DOWNLOADS. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;7/8/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p11
The article reports on the availability of the "Prom Queen" Web series as a commercial-free download at Amazon Unbox. The 80-episode short-form series follow the drama that comes with five girls being nominated for prom queen. The downloadable series can be purchased for $9.99 or rented for 30...
- Divided Over Downloading. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;9/14/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p14
The article reports that downloading is becoming increasingly popular in the digital realm in comparison to streaming as consumers seek out ways to watch shows and movies using a decent broadband connection. Topics include extension of a download option for iOS and Android devices by...
- INDIES CAUGHT IN WEB DILEMMA. Thompson, Anne // Variety;2/18/2008, Vol. 410 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the difficulty of selling independent films to motion picture studios. Particular attention is given to the question of when will there be alternative distribution outlets for indie films. Options that currently exist are cable television, self-distribution, and the...
- VIDGAMES ANYWHERE. Morris, Chris // Daily Variety;7/22/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 13, p20
The article focuses on a study from NPD Group Inc. which reveals that digital downloads of personal computer (PC) games are equal to retail sales in 2009 while Steam from Valve Software tops the digital sales of video games.