Time Warner, Viacom Haggle over SpongeBob
- UPN Affiliate Gets Cable. Murphy, Jeremy // MediaWeek;9/10/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p14
Reports that Block Broadcasting, a United Paramount Network (UPN) affiliate, signed a deal with Time Warner Cable which provides cable carriage for Block's WBQC-TV station in Cincinnati. Terms of the deal; Significance of the deal for Viacom, the parent company of UPN; Benefits of the deal to...
- MSOs fight to keep TV on the TV, not the net. Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;6/16/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 24, p3
The article reports that the cable television company Time Warner Cable is objecting to the practice of some cable television networks of presenting popular programs on Internet television on their Web sites in the attempt to gain Internet advertising revenue. Time Warner has threatened to...
- THE CABLERS. // Variety;10/02/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 7, p52
Presents news briefs concerning the cable television industry in the United States as of October 2000. Management reorganization at Viacom's MTVi; Increase in the number of viewers of the cable television network TNN through its program `WWF Raw Is War'; Cancellation of two television programs...
- FX adds 7 million new subscribers via Time Warner. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p27
Reports on developments related to the cable television industry in the United States as of December 20, 1999. Includes cable network FX's carriage deal with Time Warner Cable; Showtime Network's purchase of television programs with minority casts.
- Time Warner Gives Lift to C-SPAN3. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p3
Reports that United States-based cable television operator Time Warner Cable has agreed to carry cable television network C-SPAN3 as of February 19, 2001. Number of subscribers included in the digital television carriage deal.
- Manhattan Neighborhood Network makes headway. Moorer, Talise // New York Amsterdam News;10/08/98, Vol. 89 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the negotiations between Time Warner Cable and New York City's cable television network Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN). Terms under the deal; Operation by the MNN of the public access facility.
- Another dispute on deck for YES. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/13/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the demand of Time Warner Cable of New York City to impose additional charge for YES Network in New York City. Amount of the proposed charge; Reason behind the proposed additional charge; Response of YES to the demand.
- Speedvision, Outdoor Life get carriage deals. // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p58
Reports that Speedvision and Outdoor Life have signed affiliation agreements with Time Warner Cable that allow individual Time Warner systems to strike carriage deals with the two networks.
- TW talk. RB // Broadcasting & Cable;8/15/94, Vol. 124 Issue 33, p16
Reports on the affiliation deal between Multimedia Inc.'s The Talk Channel with Time Warner Cable multiple system cable operator.