Motorola Adds 400 Pink Slips
- Motorola to lay off 1,700 more than planned by year-end. // RCR Wireless News;8/18/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p17
Reports on the plan of Motorola Inc. to lay off several employees the U.S. by the end of 2003. Number of employees dismissed during the first half of the year.
- Handset Race Heats Up. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Sep2007, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p8
This article offers update on the global mobile handset market. During the second quarter of 2007, handset vendors have shipped a total of 272.7 million units worldwide. Competing for the second spot in global market share were Samsung and Motorola. The number one spot was taken by Nokia, with...
- Handset Manufacturers. // RCR Wireless News;6/28/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p8
Presents a list of some of the top six mobile-phone makers in the world ranked by the market share for the first quarter of 2004. Nokia; Motorola; Samsung.
- Handsets should enjoy strong 3Q metrics too. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p1
Predicts the market performance of the mobile communications sector for the third quarter of 2003. Estimates of Merrill Lynch on the volume of handset shipments of the sector during the period; Companies which will benefit from gains in market share; Factors that contributed to the sales...
- Shipments, shares and strategies. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;8/21/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p12
The article reports on the increase in mobile handset sales in 2006. Motorola has added more than four points in market share in the second quarter from the year-ago quarter. In the same period, Motorola's arch-rival and market leader Nokia gained only one point. The loss of nearly two points...
- Mobile Phone Sales Hit Record, IDC Reports. // Electronic News;2/9/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 6, pN.PAG
Reports on the increase in worldwide mobile phone sales for the fourth quarter of 2003. Rise in worldwide mobile phone shipments; Strategy used by mobile phone manufacturers to increase the sales of their products; Decline in the annual market share of Nokia and Motorola; Percentage of...
- Motorola Earnings Up 102%. // Electronic News;1/30/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the sales, earnings and market share of Motorola Inc. in the fourth quarter of 2005. The company estimates its global mobile device market share will be 19 percent. It also recorded mobile device shipments of 146 million units. In the mobile devices segment, Motorola...
- Motorola job cuts cost company more than $300M so far. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;10/8/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 41, p34
The article reports on the cost of the downsizing program of Motorola Inc. In a filing made on October 8, 2007 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Motorola revealed that during the first half of 2007, the company paid some $221 million in severance charges to the 4,100...
- Infrastructure is to devices as Peter is to Paul. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;7/14/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p4
Reports on employee layoffs in several mobile telephone manufacturers in the U.S. as of July 2003. Factors which contributed to the layoffs; Decline in the workforce of Nokia Corp.; Measures done by Nokia and Motorola to enhance their handset sales.