First Solar Completes Thin-Film Photovoltaic Plant
- First Solar to Unleash Monster Solar Plant. Moresco, Justin // Red Herring;4/15/2009, p1
The article unveils the plan of First Solar to construct a 48 megawatt ground-mounted solar power plant in Nevada. First Solar will design, engineer and build the photovoltaic plant for power provider Sempra Generation. According to the author, the project will expand the 10 megawatt power plant...
- Sempra Generation to boost size of solar power plant. Robison, Jennifer // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);4/27/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 17, pP22
The article focuses on the plan of Sempra Generation to transform its small photovoltaic plant in Boulder City, Nevada into North America's biggest solar-power plant.
- Copper Mountain Solar 1, Boulder City, Nevada. Neville, Angela // Power;Dec2011, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p34
The article focuses on the Copper Mountain Solar 1 photovoltaic plant located in Boulder City, Nevada. The Copper Mountain Solar 1 is the largest photovoltaic plant in the U.S. which utilizes 775,000 solar panels to generate 48 megawatts of electricity. Sempra Generation built the power plant...
- Sempra Generation completes solar power plant in Eldorado Valley. Edwards, John G. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/5/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, pP12
The article provides information on the completion of the Sempra Generation solar power plant. According to the article, Sempra Generation of San Diego, California completed a 10-megawatt solar power plant in the Eldorado Valley of Boulder City on December 22, 2008. The El Dorado Solar Project...
- Photovoltaic Expansion Will Be North America's Largest. Illia, Tony // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/18/2009, Vol. 262 Issue 16, p33
The article reports that Sempra Generation has announced a quintuple capacity expansion to its photovoltaic power generation plant near Boulder City, Nevada. It is believed by Sempra that the move will create the largest thin-film photovoltaic installation in the continent. Joe Verrengia of the...
- COUNTRY PROFILES: EUROPE: Netherlands. // Solar Photovoltaics Report;2003, Issue 1, p78
Focuses on the condition of the photovoltaics industry in the Netherlands. Entry of Philips Solar Energy in the market by offering polycrystalline solar modules; Development of thin films by Becarius; Responsibility of the Ministry of Economic Affairs for policies regulating renewable energies.
- Solar Energy Recent Developments. MARPHATIA, RAVI // Paintindia;Jan2010, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p65
The article discusses the developments in solar energy in India as of January 2010. The Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission - Solar India has been established with the aim of making the country a global leader in solar energy utilization. The mission offers opportunities in the field of...
- First Solar plans 370MW solar project in Chile. // Energy Today (Hungary);7/23/2014, p2
The article reports on the plan of First Solar Inc. to build Latin America's largest solar project in Chile, as of July 2014.
- First Solar eyes India, Chile. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/28/2014, pA02
The Tempe, Ariz.-based solar panel maker and developer won 40 megawatts of solar installations spread over 2 districts in Andhra Pradesh, India, after submitting the lowest bid at 8.75 cents per kilowatt hour. Ten days ago,