Elevation Doubles Down on Palm
- Cruising for convertibles. Brown, Carolyn M. // Black Enterprise;Mar1999, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p58
Reveals the companies that offer attractive convertible mutual funds as of March 1999. Benefit from purchasing undervalued bonds; Purpose of the bond in the event of hostile takeover; Suggestions on buying a convertible fund.
- Long-run abnormal performance following convertible preference share and convertible bond issues: New evidence from the United Kingdom. Abhyankar, Abhay; Ho, Keng-Yu // International Review of Economics & Finance;2006, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p97
Abstract: We study the long-run abnormal performance of a sample of U.K. firms following convertible preference share and convertible bond issues over the period 1982ï¿½1996. We are the first to study, as far as we are aware, the long-run stock price performance of firms following convertible...
- Elevation Vindicated? MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/3/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p5
The article reports that Elevation Partners will gain from Hewlett Packard's acquisition of Palm, Inc., in which Elevation Partners has been continuously investing. The acquisition of Palm, Inc. by Hewlett Packard for 1.2 billion dollars allows Elevation Partners to vindicate itself from the...
- Venture Capital Firm Injects Palm with US$100 Million Infusion. // IT Professional;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that venture capital firm Elevation Partners LP has invested $100 million in Palm Inc., manufacturer of the Centro and Treo smart phones. It says that Palm has planned to launch its new product line at the 2009 Consumer Electronics Show, which include a Linux-based smart...
- Convertible preferred. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/26/98, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p23
Presents a ranking of investment banks in the United States based on the volume of convertible preferred shares they managed in 1997.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Technology. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p18
Presents charts and graphs depicting the technology in investment banking. Market share of Morgan Stanley; Estimation of the technology underwriting volume; Stock price of RosBusiness Consulting.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p22
Presents charts and graphs depicting the investment banking. Stock price of Europtronic Group; Debt of General Electric Capital; Market share of Merrill Lynch.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Energy. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/22/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p26
Presents charts and graphs depicting energy in investment banking. Acquisition of CPL Retail Energy and WTU Retail Energy by Centrica PLC; Market share of JP Morgan Chase; Stock price of Swift Energy.
- Price Adjustment Delays and Arbitrage Costs: Evidence from the Behavior of Convertible Preferred Prices. Ji-Chai Lin; Rozeff, Michael S. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Mar1995, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p61
Price adjustment delays occur between in-the-money convertible preferred stock prices and common stock prices. Convertible preferred prices systematically deviate from the prices predicted from their conversion relations with common stocks. The price predictability stems from price changes in...