Sopogy to Build 50MW Solar Plant in Spain
- And the Winner Is... Reitenbach, Gail // Power;Aug2014, Vol. 158 Issue 8, p6
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses the cover story of the issue featuring the Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System.
- Solar Thermal Power Plant (Combined plant of solar thermal power and gas plant). Wahidabanu, R. S. D.; Rajan, J. // Golden Research Thoughts;Apr2012, Vol. 1 Issue 10, Special section p1
This paper has prepared to fitful the present need of India and Ethiopia by Mekelle University at Ethiopia. The different types of renewable sources are specifically evaluated in the economical performance of the overall equipment. Energy has the basic necessity for the economic development of...
- Protesters to target Hazelwood power plant. Peterson, Chris // Green Left Weekly;9/22/2010, Issue 853, p4
The article reports on the plan of climate activists to create the first solar thermal power station at the Hazelwood power station gate in eastern Victoria on October 10, 2010.
- Sunshine superpower. Pearce, Fred // New Scientist;10/24/2009, Vol. 204 Issue 2731, p38
The article ponders on the project called Desertec wherein solar thermal electricity generation plants will be constructed in the Sahara desert in North Africa. Twenty major German corporations will form a consortium that will provide the 400 billion euros needed to build the solar thermal power...
- SCHOTT SOLAR BUILDS SOLAR THERMAL POWER PLANT. // Worldwide Energy;Dec2005, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p5
Focuses on a solar thermal plant being built by Schott in Boulder City, Nevada as of December 2005. Capacity of the thermal plant; Features of the thermal plant; Information on solar thermal power-plants.
- Solar thermal resources. Miodonski, Bob // Plumbing & Mechanical;Apr2013, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p38
The article presents information on installing solar thermal systems. It is said that correct and proper installation of these systems are very important for the growth of the solar thermal industry. It is said that organizations like National Board of Certified Energy Practitioners are trying...
- Costs of STP Solar Thermal Power. // STP 2005 Solar Thermal Power;2005, Issue 1, p38
Discusses the cost of solar thermal power (STP) technology. Studies conducted on the cost of STP and its future development potential; Estimation of the capital cost of parabolic troughs; Forecast on the cost per kilowatt of trough plants and electricity from conventional power plants;...
- SolarReserve reported Africa's largest solar energy plant has come online in South Africa. // World Energy News;11/12/2014, p1
No abstract available.
- 34 thermal solar plants planned. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Sep2008, Issue 807, p11
The article reports that Australian company Worley Parsons is planning to construct 34 advanced solar thermal power stations in Australia by 2020. The entry notes that feasibility for the 250-megawatt solar thermal power stations is supported by Australia's desert-type conditions, minimal cloud...