Khosla Ventures Partners With Hawaiian Utility
- Hawaii's Largest Utility Announces Plan To Triple Rooftop Solar By 2030. Atkin, Emily // E THIS WEEK;9/2/2014, p3
The article focuses on the plan of Hawaiian Electric Companies (HECO) to triple the amount of rooftop solar in the state. A package of initiatives launched by HECO that would help Hawaii generate 65 percent of its electricity from renewable energy and slash electric bills by 20 percent in next...
- from the editor. Rochlin, Lucy // EcoGeneration;May/Jun2013, Issue 76, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including clean energy industries, solar energy and energy storage.
- from the editor. Rochlin, Lucy // EcoGeneration;Jul/Aug2013, Issue 77, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including solar homes in Australia, clean energy and solar projects.
- Clean Tech Nation: How the U.S. Can Lead in the New Global Economy. // Publishers Weekly;6/4/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 23, p43
A review of the book "Clean Tech Nation: How the U.S. Can Lead in the New Global Economy," by Ron Pernick, Clint Wilder, and Trevor Winnie is presented.
- Japan approved 19,000 megawatts of non-residential solar applications. // World Energy News;8/27/2013, p5
The article presents information on the approval of 19000 megawatts of non-residential solar applications in Japan in 2012. This step has been taken under the national incentive program for clean energy, that began in July 2013. Reports reveal that 21,090 megawatts of clean energy projects have...
- Here's to hydrogen: Australia is missing the potential of solar fuels. Faunce, Thomas // EcoGeneration;Jul/Aug2013, Issue 77, p96
In this article, the author focuses on the prospect of utilization of hydrogen, a potential source of solar fuel, in Australia. He states that energy sector is moving towards clean energy (zero greenhouse gas emissions) sources in Australia. He further highlights the mechanism behind the working...
- Solar-energy industry faces dim future. Lynn, Steve // Northern Colorado Business Report;7/13/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p1
The article informs that solar-energy companies of Northern Colorado and nationwide are facing one of the worst downturns due to excess manufacturing, decline in wholesale prices and intense competition from the Chinese. According to the Northern Colorado' Economic Development Corp., employment...
- MOROCCAN GREEN ENERGY RECEIVES KEY AfDB BACKING. // New African;May2013, Issue 528, p90
The article discusses the potential of Morocco to generate green energy as it gets the support of the organziation African Development Bank (AfDB), and the World Bank. It informs that Morocco government's key objective is to become a manufacturing hub for the concentrated solar power and...
- Ray of hope. SOULE, ALEXANDER // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/25/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 30, p1
The article discusses the creation of Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority in Connecticut. As part of the law creating the authority, the Connecticut General Assembly allows incentives supporting the installation of up to 30 megawatts of photovoltaic systems in the state. It also allows...