SolFocus Heats Up in Europe
- DEVELOPMENT AND APPLICATION OF ACCELERATED TEST METHODS SPECIFIC TO CPV SYSTEMS. Spencer, Mark; Hirny, Marcin; Kaplan, Ariadna // AIP Conference Proceedings;10/14/2010, Vol. 1277 Issue 1, p217
Accelerated test methods are essential to prove the life of CPV products within an acceptable amount of time. This paper describes two separate accelerated test programs SolFocus is conducting on its 300 Watt SF1100 CPV product. One program is a traditional temperature / humidity step test with...
- SolFocus Completes 1-MW CPV Plant in California. // Solar Today;Jun2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p16
The article reports that company SolFocus Inc., Bechtel Power Corp. and developer Sol Orchard have completed a one-megawatt concentrated photovoltaic (CPV) power plant in Hanford, California.
- OLDEST BIKE MANUFACTURER IN U.S. GOES SOLAR. // Industrial Environment;Apr2008, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the move of the New York Industrial Retention Network (NYIRN) in partnership with Solar Energy Systems, LLC (SES) to install a 15.12 kilowatt Photovoltaic (PV) system at Worksman Cycles, the oldest bicycle manufacturer in the U.S. An upfront incentive to help pay for the...
- Sharp uses COTS parts for solar-powered e-reader. Bush, Steve // Electronics Weekly;7/7/2010, Issue 2434, p16
The article offers information on the collaboration of Sharp Corp. with Arrow Corp. to make solar-powered electronic book readers (e-reader) called Solar Reader. It states that the design of the portable solar-powered e-reader is powered by photovoltaic components. It also mentions the key...
- Snaring the Sun on a Small Scale. Davenport, Coral // National Journal;6/15/2013, p9
The article offers information on a solar power program implemented through the partnership of tire and auto supply dealer Grandview Tire and Auto and the city government of Edina, Minnesota. It mentions that the store uses an innovative national model for making solar power accessible and cheap...
- ASES Chapter Links Small-PV Owners, SREC Payments. Abdallah, Alex // Solar Today;Jun2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p61
The article offers information on the Renewable Energy Credit Aggregation Program (RECAP) which was launched by the Illinois Solar Energy Association (ISEA), an American Solar Energy Society, in 2009 in partnership with Community Energy Inc. The program is aimed at small-photovoltaic system...
- Cultural center to host largest solar array in New Mexico. // In Business;May/Jun99, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the plans to build a photovoltaic array in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Features of the solar system; Electric production capacity; Project financing.
- Extreme Technology. Miller, Molly // Mother Earth News;Apr/May99, Issue 173, p78
Focuses on photovoltaic panels, an alternative way for having solar power. How the panels was designed; Other alternative options consider for power systems; Batteries that are expensive in terms of power; Cost and maintenance of the photovoltaic panels.
- TO PV OR NOT TO PV. Carnes, Richard // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2001, Issue 184, p34
Presents an article which deals with a photovoltaic solar power system installed by a man in his house. How he came about with the idea of using solar power in his house; Use of the Internet to search for a solar power installation company; Benefits of the solar panel installation.