Wii Leads Video Game Sales Rise
- Nintendo Keeps Crown; Sony Makes Gains. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;10/17/2008, p3
The article discusses the report of NPD Group stating that Nintendo Wii consoles sold about 687,000 units as of September 2008 ranking first in the list of top selling hardware games. Nintendo DS ranked second with nearly 537,000 units sold while Microsoft's Xbox 360 came in at third on sales of...
- Gaming Gear. Lam, Brian; Stoll, Christian; Brown Bird Design // Wired;Nov2008, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p162
The article evaluates several video game equipment including Xbox 360 from Microsoft Corp., Nintendo Wii from Nintendo Co. Ltd., and PlayStation 3 80 GB from Sony Corp.
- It's Wise to Accessorize. Luft, Jacob; Kennedy, Kostya; Bechtel, Mark; Cannella, Stephen // Sports Illustrated;12/17/2007, Vol. 107 Issue 24, following p32
The article discusses the rise in importance of video game peripheral equipment. Popular video games like "Rock Band" and "Guitar Hero III" require additional equipment to play, which can push the cost of the game over $200. Microsoft, maker of the Xbox 360 console, offers a wireless steering...
- Xbox shakes off Halo effect. Kemp, Ed // Marketing (00253650);11/10/2010, p15
The article focuses on the marketing strategies of the three video-games industry giants including Microsoft Corp., Sony Corp., and Nintendo Co. Ltd. to expand consumer base in Great Britain. It states that Microsoft takes its Kinect technology for Xbox 360 to a higher level than its rivals....
- Get-fit kit. // Computer Active;Mar2013, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p52
The article offers brief information on several products including the Wii games console from consumer electronics company Nintendo Co. Ltd., Move controllers from video game company Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. and the Xbox Kinect attachment from electronics firm Microsoft Corp.
- TOP 10 GAMING. // Stuff;Dec2011, Issue 153, p191
The article reviews video game consoles including Sony PlayStation 3 Slim, Microsoft Xbox 360 S, and Nintendo Wii.
- Reinventing Family Game Night. Staff, Gamepro // PCWorld;Dec2011, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p93
The article presents a comparison of several video game consoles including the Xbox 360 from Microsoft, the PlayStation 3 from Sony, and the Wii from Nintendo.
- Game changers. DOCKRILL, PETER // Money (Australia Edition);Feb2014, Issue 164, p28
The article reviews several products including the Sony PlayStation 4 from Sony, the Microsoft Xbox One game console, and the Nintendo Wii U gaming console from nintendo.com.au.
- Yuke's Forms Akinai Games. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;1/21/2009, p5
The article reports that Akinai Games has been launched by Yuke's, a video game developer and publisher. The new division focuses on downloadable games on Nintendo's WiiWare, Microsoft's Xbox LIVE, and Sony's PlayStation Network. Akinai, which roughly means keep entertained in Japanese, is also...