Alcatel-Lucent Wields Recovery Plan: Slash Away
- Alcatel-Lucent Expects 10,000 Job Cuts. // European Telecom;Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p3
The article reports developments in the operation of telecommunications firm Alcatel-Lucent as of November 2013. Based on the firm's cost savings plan presented to its European works council (ECID), it will cut around 10,000 jobs worldwide by end of 2015, including in Europe, Middle East and...
- Alcatel awaits job-cut news. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/12/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p2B
Reports on the effect on Alcatel Internetworking in Dover, New Hampshire of the plan of its parent company Alcatel SA to cut several jobs. Reason for cutting jobs; Number of employees employed by Alcatel Internetworking; Clients of Alcatel.
- Alcatel-Lucent to axe 5,000 jobs. // Flare (Pakistan);9/15/2012, p64
The article reports that Paris, France-based Alcatel-Lucent SA has planned to reduce 5,000 jobs and withdraw from unprofitable markets in 2012 as part of its goal to decrease costs by $1.5 billion in 2013.
- Triangle. // Business North Carolina;Nov2009, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p24
This section offers news briefs on business in North Carolina. French manufacturer Alcatel-Lucent has terminated 40 employees at its Raleigh branch. The North Carolina Biotechnology Center intends to expand its headquarters by another 20,000 square feet in late 2010. Turkington USA has opened a...
- Alcatel-Lucent plans 4,000 more job cuts. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;11/12/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 46, p6
The article reports that Alcatel-Lucent SA said in a quarterly report that executive changes and more job cuts are on the way. In an effort to further trim the fat of the merged company, Alcatel-Lucent said that it plans to accelerate its headcount reduction into 2008 by cutting another 4,000...
- Industry Update. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;May2007, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p2
The article reports updates related to telecommunications industry in Europe. Qualcomm Inc., which owns the most crucial Internet protocol in mobile communications, has affirmed that claim by Nokia Corp. on Qualcomm's patents in Europe was inconsistent. Alcatel-Lucent has promised not to reduce...
- HOW TO TALK THE BOSS OUT OF GIVING YOU A PINK SLIP. Cowen, Tyler // Money;May2009, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p24
The article discusses techniques which employees can use to convince an employers to keep them employed, rather than firing the employee. The author assumes the employee in question works in an industry that has been hit hard by the financial crisis. Topics include addressing a manager's fear of...
- Alcatel-Lucent Gets Commitments for â‚¬1.615 of Loans. Bisbey, Allison // High Yield Report;12/17/2012, p46
The article reports on loan commitments obtained by French telephone equipment manufacturer Alcatel-Lucent.
- Alcatel-Lucent to build Tasman Global Access undersea cable system linking New Zealand and Australia. // Fiber Optics & Communications;Dec2014, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p18
The article reports that technology company Alcatel-Lucent SA will build the Tasman Global Access undersea cable system that will link New Zealand and Australia