Best Buy, Handango Team on Mobile Apps
- Best Buy to sell apps through Handango. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;12/22/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p16
The article focuses on the expanded distribution deal between Handango Inc. and Best Buy Co. Inc. in the U.S. The primary purpose of the said acquisition is to develop and strengthen the big-box retailer selling smartphone applications through its in-store Mobile Genie system. Best Buy has...
- Best Buy to Sell Samsung Nexus S Android Phone. // Channel Insider;12/7/2010, p1
The article reports that Best Buy Co. Inc. will sell the Samsung Nexus S android phone in the U.S. on December 16, 2011, in which the phone features android 2.3 and super Active-Matrix OLED (AMOLED) screen which was co-developed by Google Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Best Buy Offering 4G Mobile Broadband. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/4/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on agreements reached by Best Buy Co. Inc. with Clearwire Corp. and LightSquared in 2011 for the marketing of their data services.
- Best Buy taps Edelman to bolster its holiday efforts in US, Canada. Bruell, Alexandra // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Jul2010, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that Edelman Inc. was hired by the Best Buy Co. Inc. to handle its holiday account in the U.S. and Canada, effective mid-June 2010.
- Best Buy Expands. Wagner, Holly J. // Video Store Magazine;8/8/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p44
Reports on lease agreements signed by Best Buy for new store locations to be opened in the U.S. by the end of fiscal 2004. Features of the new stores; States where the new stores will be developed.
- Best Buy to sell Verizon service. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p108
Reports the agreement of Best Buy retail stores to sell Verizon Wireless products and services in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Need apps? Thereâ€™s a site for that. HENDERSHOT, STEVE // Crain's Chicago Business;11/7/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p0004
The article presents information on application search provider Appolicious Inc., founded by Al Warms. Appolicious runs several web sites which help in downloading applications for Apple or Android devices, and also offers user reviews and ratings. It also received license for supporting the new...
- RadioShack, Best Buy beef up broadband service offerings. Heller, Laura // DSN Retailing Today;10/23/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p2
Reports on the decision of two retail chains to offer programs to further establish their position as a source of broadband service in the U.S. Information on the Microsoft Internet Centers established by RadioShack; Partnership agreement between Best Buy and AT&T regarding the offering of...
- NEWS & COMMENT. Grossman, Ben; Dickson, Glen; Weprin, Alex; Marich, Robert; Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;5/19/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 20, p35
The article offers news briefs related to entertainment industry in the U.S. in 2008. The plan of RDF USA to bring back its television program entitled "Queen for a Day" this month. The CBS Broadcasting Inc. and EQAL has signed an agreement to create the original programming for television and...