Sarin Eyed as Yahoo Chief--Report
- Sarin Finds Rooms At The Top. // Wireless Week;1/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the appointment of Arun Sarin as chief executive of Vodafone Group effective July 2003. Career of Sarin.
- Jerry Yang Logs Off as Yahoo CEO. Moren, Dan // Macworld;Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p24
The article reports that Jerry Yang, the chief executive officer (CEO) of Yahoo Inc. is resigning. The reasons is stated to be the problems faced by Yahoo with Microsoft Corp. and the failed deal with Google Inc. It is stated that Yang, who also cofounded the company, will step down as CEO but...
- Yahoo! admits errors in board re-election vote. // Marketing Week;7/31/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p88
The article reports on the admission by internet company Yahoo! Inc. that errors were made in the voting results leading to the re-election of the board on August 1, 2008. The company was told by independent voting intermediary Broadridge Financial Solutions Inc. that the errors were made in...
- NEWS HEADLINES: Mobile. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;February 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p143
Presents news concerning the mobile communication industry as of February 2003. Expected operating profit of Psion PLC for the year; Success of the Swedish Space Corp.'s broadband wireless data transfer; Appointment of Arun Sarin as chief executive officer of Vodafone PLC.
- VODAFONE'S SARIN DEFUSES BOARD REVOLT. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Apr2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Arun Sarin, the embattled chief executive of Great Britain-based Vodafone, tightened his control on the mobile telephone company by putting down a board room revolt in March 2006. Sarin won the support of Vodafone chairman Ian MacLaurin and forced the departure of...
- ARUN SARIN. Blackhurst, Chris // Management Today;Feb2006, p36
This article presents an interview with Arun Sarin, chief executive of the world's biggest mobile phone operator Vodafone. In terms of money, power, influence, prestige and intellectual stimulation that must come with running such a corporation, Sarin has it all. The company has recently...
- Vodafone boss puts emphasis on brand experience, not advertising. Lester, Robert // Marketing Week;2/3/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the emphasis of Arun Sarin, CEO of Vodafone Group PLC, on the importance of brand experience in selling the product. Claim of Sarin that advertising is not sufficient to build a brand; Significance of hard work that a brand puts into giving a retail experience to its customers;...
- Director of the month. // Director;Apr2005, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p13
Profiles Arun Sarin, CEO of telecommunication company, Vodafone. Business strategy adopted by Sarin for the company; Salary of Sarin as CEO; Amount spent by Sarin to promote the company's 3G mobile services.
- One Vodafone, many plans. Lunden, Ingrid // Total Telecom Magazine;Nov2004, p17
Presents information on the One Vodafone programme of mobile company Vodafone to improve its pre-tax operating cash-flow in Great Britain by 2005. Concept of the programme according to CEO Arun Sarin; Views of JP Morgan analyst Jerry Dellis on the operating margins of Vodafone; Significance of...