EA Increases Cuts to 1,000 Jobs
- Layoffs are last resort to fight recession, executives say. Ryan, Jim T. // Central Penn Business Journal;12/19/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 52, p19
The article offers information on the perspectives of executives in various industries wherein they claim that layoff systems is the last option to save the company and fight the recession in Pennsylvania. It mentions that many companies go through several steps just to avoid layoffs but they...
- Learning from the Past -- Downsizing Lessons for Managers. Gandolfi, Franco // Journal of Management Research (09725814);Apr2008, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p3
Downsizing as a change management strategy has been adopted by companies and governmental agencies since the 1970s. While workforce reductions were utilized mainly in response to organizational and economic crises prior to the mid-1980s, downsizing developed into a proactive restructuring...
- Schulman cuts capacity, jobs in Ohio, Texas. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;12/18/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p11
No abstract available.
- Extended mass layoffs, 2006. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar2007, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p2
The article provides information on extended mass layoffs in the U.S. in 2006. For all of 2006, employers reported 4,689 extended mass layoff actions, affecting 894,739 workers. Compared with 2005, the number of events was down from 4,881, but the number of separations was up from 884,661....
- St. Vincent's rules out layoffs despite filing Chapter 11. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;7/18/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the plan of the bankrupt operator of Saint Vincent's Hospital Westchester in Harrison, New York not to reduce the number of staff at the behavioral healthcare center. Financial performance of the facility in 2004; Factors that contribute to the hospital's financial problems;...
- Moto says 4,000 more must go. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p6
The article reports that Motorola Inc. will terminate 4,000 more jobs in the coming year, on top of 3,500 job cuts to be completed by July 2007. The reduced workforce at the world's No. 2 handset vendor is part of a $1 billion restructuring the vendor is undertaking to slim down while it...
- Hvpercom Corp. // Cards & Payments;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p22
Reports that Hypercom Corp., a Phoenix-based payment-terminal manufacture, has to cut more than jobs worldwide. Inclusion of the senior management positions; Details of the reorganization plan; Sales performance of the company.
- More Layoffs Said Near at UBS. // American Banker;9/24/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 178, p6
The article states that about 150 financial advisers are expected to be dismissed at UBS Wealth Management of New York. The layoff at the UBS AG unit is scheduled to being before October 2009. Information is given about the April layoffs and about a change in the company's organizational structure.
- Linklaters to axe up to ten per cent of partnership in new restructuring. Freedman, Joshua // Lawyer (Online Edition);12/8/2011, p1
The article reports on the move of Linklaters LLP to terminate 30 partners throughout the network as part of its layoffs since the firm's New World restructuring in 2009. It states that although the focus of the restructure is in London, England, around 10-15% of the partnership in the world...