EXPERIMENTAL STUDIES OF THE VALIDITY OF ADVERTISED CLAIMS FOR PRODUCTS OF PUBLIC IMPORTANCE IN RELATION TO ORAL HYGIENE OR DENTAL THERAPEUTICS
- Keeping Cool at Tic Tac. Beirne, Mike // Brandweek;02/21/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the marketing and advertising strategy for Ferrero USA Inc. Tic Tac mints. Features of the television commercials of the product; Items that will be given away for free; Product display technique at Barneys.
- COMMENT ON THE FALSITY OF VARIOUS PUBLISHED CLAIMS FOR CERTAIN DENTIFRICES. TAYLOR, J. MADISON; GREELEY, HORACE; MERRITT, ARTHUR H.; HYATT, THADDEUS P.; LIMERICK, O. VICTOR; STILLMAN, PAUL R.; BUCKLEY, J. P.; CARNEY, MATTHEW F. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1919, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p497
This article focuses on the use of dentifrices. The authors believe that various tactics have been employed to raise the use of dentifrices. Topics include gullibility in humans, advertising tactics, and manufacturers' claims. Dentifrices discussed include Kolynos, Pebeco Tooth Paste, and Pepsodent.
- THE HYALURONIDASE ACTIVITY OF SALIVA II. THE RELATIONSHIP OF HYALURONIDASE ACTIVITY TO DENTAL CARIES EXPERIENCE, GINGIVITIS, AND ORAL HYGIENE IN YOUNG MALE ADULTS. ROVELSTAD, G. H.; GELLER, J. H.; COHEN, A. H. // Journal of Dental Research;Feb1958, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p114
The article presents research on the hyaluronidase activity of saliva. Particular attention is given to the relationship of hyaluronidase activity to dental caries, gingivities, and oral hygiene in young adult males. The subject of this study were naval recruits undergoing training at the U.S....
- Ribena ToothKind unveils first push since ASA defeat. // Marketing (00253650);5/17/2001, p3
Reports on the launching of GlaxoSmithKline PLC's television commercials for its Ribena ToothKind brand. Budget for the campaign; Loss of a court dispute with Advertising Standards Authority over health claims in one campaign.
- Assessment of in Vitro and in Vivo Antimicrobial Activities of Selected Nigerian Tootpastes and Mouth Washes on Some Oral Pathogens. Adejumo, O. E.; Olubamiwa, A. O.; Ogundeji, B. A.; Kolapo, A. L. // Advances in Medical & Dental Sciences;2008, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p61
The in vitro and in vivo assessment of antimicrobial activities of some commonly patronised toothpastes and mouth washes in Nigeria against some oral pathogens was carried out. The pathogens used include Streptococcus mutans, Enterococcus faecalis and Candida albicans. On the basis of a survey...
- Unilever Testing Mentadent with Oral Exam. Bittar, Christine // Brandweek;4/28/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p8
Reports that Unilever PLC is weighing a formulation and packaging change for its once groundbreaking toothpaste, Mentadent. Unilever's media spending for the brand in 2002; Two purposes of the initiative; Description of the tube version of the product.
- Still room to grow within oral care market. ALEXANDER, ANTOINETTE // Drug Store News;9/16/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p38
The article reports on the opportunities for greater sales growth of oral care products in the U.S. market and presents several charts which lists the top ten tooth bleaching or whitening products, toothpaste brands and toothbrushes.
- Alcohol-Containing Mouthrinses and Acetaldehyde. // Biological Therapies in Dentistry;Apr/May2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p13
The author comments on a study which determined the acetaldehyde levels in saliva before and after rinsing with mouthrinses and ethanol and water controls and to relate the subjects' microbial profiles to the levels of acetaldehyde produced. Results show that ethanol mouthrinses result in...
- Trident Retry. Beirne, Mike // Brandweek;02/21/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the advertising campaign for the Trident Advantage and Trident for Kids dental products offered by the Adams division of Warner-Lambert Company. Advertising budget; What the television commercial voiceover says about Advantage; Tagline for Advantage product advertisement; Icon that...