Knocking Down Cost Barriers To Next-Gen Technologies
- Europe, the U.S. and Japan under the microscope. Andersen, Espen // Global Wireless;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p11
Focuses on the globalization of mobile communications technology. Description of the mobile markets in Europe, Japan, and the U.S. in the report 'Doing Business in a Mobile World,' by the Concours Group; Trends in commercial use; Predictions for mobile technology.
- Africa's great mobile revolution. Wright, Bianca // African Business;May2004, Issue 298, p15
Offers observation on the rise of mobile revolution in Africa. Key in growing the mobile market in the country; Important dynamic technological change that African countries are now recognising in telecommunications; One of the biggest challenges facing Africa. INSET: Telecoms around the...
- Mtel readies to `introduce' SkyWord Plus, defends stock... Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;3/3/97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p3
Reports that Mobile Telecommunications Technologies Corporation (Mtel) is on target for the late April 1997 introduction of its SkyWord Plus caller acknowledgement paging. What the communication system will provide users with; Companies that will distribute the wireless communication service;...
- The cost of distributed cellular network architecture. Jain, Rajiv; Kolipakam, Mike; Dasgupta, Dipankar; Vidyarthi, Sanjay // Telecom Asia;Dec97, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p50
Focuses on the deployment of a cellular network utilizing distributed remote service modules rather than centralized mobile switching center. Operational expenses which are directly affected by the network architecture and design deployed; Ways in reducing tariff costs; Operational cost...
- Portugal minnow unveils 3G plans. // Utility Week;1/16/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the plan of Portuguese mobile operator Optimus to launch third-generation mobile services in July 2004. Background on the introduction of the technology in the Portuguese telecommunications market by third quarter of 2004.
- Technology Adoption Life Cycle Model in Different Environment: Exploratory Evidence from Nigerian Telecom Market. Ahmad, Aminu // International Proceedings of Economics Development & Research;2011, Vol. 11, p114
Technology Adoption Life Cycle Model (TALCM) has proved to be a useful marketing tool for technology products. However the model was developed and mostly tested in developed markets. Against the backdrop, this research examines the viability of the model in new environments. The Nigerian GSM...
- Line Security & Commercial Fire Options. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2012, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p83
The article reports that makers of communicators based on second generation cellular data, landline broadband connectivity, and wireless mesh have announced that the technologies are Underwriters Laboratory-approved for use on certain products in business installations without backup communicators.
- Transitional Definitions of an Industry. T. S. // Systems Contractor News;Jun2012, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p130
The article presents information on Unified Communications (UC), which is seen by information technology (IT) an IP-based world of compliant networked products, but the telecommunication industry still considers UC as device-to-device messaging.
- Mobile operators must build up youth relations. Andic, Savka // New Media Age;4/12/2007, p10
The author states that mobile operators and other mobile stakeholders must pay attention to the youth market. In her opinion, the mobile has become a technological commodity and an essential tool for defining both social dynamics and individual identity among youth. She claims that, for the...