Alliance Potential Threat To U.S. Carriers
- AOL, DoCoMo dissolve joint venture. // RCR Wireless News;12/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 51/52, p13
Reports on the termination of the joint venture between Internet company America Online Inc. and wireless data communications firm NTT DoCoMo Inc. as of December 2003. Amount acquired by NTT on the sale of its stake in the venture; Businesses that have sold their shares of the venture; Details...
- AOL-DoCoMo link signals new era. McKegney, Margaret // Ad Age Global;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the alliance between America Online (AOL) and NTT DoCoMo. Percentage of stake DoCoMo will acquire in AOL Japan; Role of DoCoMo in the growth strategy of AOL; Reasons behind the decision of AOL to partner with DoCoMo; Terms of the alliance.
- Marriage a la i-mode. Quinton, Brian // Telephony;10/02/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 14, p10
Deals with the alliance between America Online and NTT DoCoMo. Purpose of the deal; Benefits of the alliance to both partners; Terms of the deal.
- AOL, NTT DoCoMo To Speed Convergence. Charski, Mindy // Inter@ctive Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p22
Discusses the partnership of America Online with NTT DoCoMo of Japan to create mobile services for personal computers and the Internet. Aims of the partnership; Benefits of the convergence to users; Terms of the agreement; Challenge for AOL and all wireless content providers.
- NTT, AOL share strengths. Mori, Yoko // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p1
Reports the business alliance between NTT DoCoMo and America Online Inc. Terms of the deal; Implication of the deal on both companies; List of unclear points about the deal.
- Wind and NTT in data link-up. // Utility Week;7/4/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the strategic alliance between Wind Telecomunicazioni, the telecoms unit of Italian energy company Enel, and Japanese operator NTT DoCoMo to market mobile data services in Italy. Term of the partnership; Schedule of the plan of Wind to introduce mobile data services that carry...
- DoCoMo takes another gamble in India. Galbraith, Mike // Telecom Asia;Dec2008, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the move of NTT DoCoMo Inc. to invest $2.7 billion in a strategic alliance with Tata Bros. in India. According to the article, the company is acquiring 26% from Tata Teleservices Ltd. (TTSL), a subsidiary of Tata Bros. which is the country's sixth largest mobile operator....
- NTT DOCOMO confirms large-scale VoLTE launch. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;Aug2014, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the partnership of Japanese firm NTT DoCoMo and US-based Qualcomm Technologies Inc. for a large-scale commercial voice-over-Long Term Evolution (VoLTE) launch in Japan.
- DOCOMO announces five more vendor partners in 5G R&D push. // Asia-Pacific Telecom;Jul2015, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on the announcement of Japanese mobile operator NTT DOCOMO regarding its separate collaborations with five additional vendors including Intel Corp., Panasonic Corp., and Qualcomm Technologies.