Wireless Anti-virus Hits U.K
- The Plague of the Virus. Keefe, Linda // Fleet Equipment;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p13
Provides information on computer viruses and how to prevent it. How to differentiate a hardware problem from a virus; Critical parts of anti-virus software; Several Web sites that offer information about specific viruses.
- Detecting And Recovering From A Virus Incident--Part 1. Stone, John // Business Communications Review;Mar2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p42
Provides tips in handling computer virus attacks in the U.S. Identification of the attack; Methods of virus distribution; Importance of having updated antivirus software; Assessment of the infection vector. INSETS: Immediate Response: Update Your Antivirus Software;In Search Of System Zero.
- Cyber Infections. Pietromonaco, Peter // Poptronics;Dec2002, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the software programs known as viruses, worms and Trojan horses that infect the computer systems causing a wide range of problems. Basic terminology related to the destruction causing programs; Examples of some of the computer viruses; Precautions to be taken to avoid being affected...
- The Bug Report. // InfoWorld;11/22/99, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p28
Offers a solution to the computer bug associated with the application of Sun-Netscape Alliance's iPlanet Web Server, Enterprise Edition 4.0 Service Pack 2 on a Compaq platform.
- Virus protection across networks. Walker, Christy // PC Week;08/11/97, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p53
Discusses LANDesk Virus Protect 5.0 client/server software from Intel Corp., a virus protection system that provides centralized protection for networks running different operating systems across multiple network operating systems. Features; Manageability; Price; Contact information.
- Here's a little advice to help you defeat the Internet's leading Trojan horse viruses. McClure, Stuart; Scambray, Joel // InfoWorld;12/04/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p58
Gives advice on how to defeat Trojan horse computer viruses. Most popular Trojan horse on the Internet; Ways in which a Subseven infection can occur; How to detect viruses.
- ASK JAMES. Hunt, James // Micro Mart;9/19/2013, Issue 1278, p94
The article provides an answer to a question on the origin of the bProtect.D virus and what it does.
- Exchange 5.5 to get anti-virus support. // InfoWorld;11/10/97, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the products the anti-virus vendors will introduce to support Microsoft Corp.'s soon-to-be-released Exchange 5.5 Server.
- Sophos adds InterCheck to anti-virus suite. // PC Week;04/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p56
Mentions the addition of Intercheck functionality to Sweep for WIndows NT, an anti-virus computer software program from Sophos Inc. Capabilities of the software; Pricing.